PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Interior Reccommendation

sackryen
07-26-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm looking to have the interior in my 2001 Launch SSV redone this winter.

I live near Chicago. Does anyone in the midwest have a recommendation for someone that does good work at a fair price?

Thanks,

Ryen

Jetlink
07-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Koch Upholstery in Rockford, worth the drive alone in cost savings and the quality is a bonus! Took my comp there last year and will take all my stuff there from now on. Good old boy, mom and pop operation in downtown Rockford. Check out my rebuild picture album if you want and pm me for my number if you have any questions. They were literally 1/2 to 1/3 cheaper than every other shop around. Their number is 815-962-5594

sackryen
07-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Looks like Koch does a lot better job when he has something to work with. I took my '91 Rinker project boat there a few years ago that needed a complete rear seat rebuild. I asked for smooth contoured lines with an integrated arm rest and got a padded picnic table bench seat. Needless to say I wasn't too happy, but, I should have brought pictures so things were a bit more straightforward.

Thanks for the advice and your Supra looks great!! Maybe I'll give him another chance since this one is a simple replacement with maybe some newer materials and not a complete build from scratch.

Koch Upholstery in Rockford, worth the drive alone in cost savings and the quality is a bonus! Took my comp there last year and will take all my stuff there from now on. Good old boy, mom and pop operation in downtown Rockford. Check out my rebuild picture album if you want and pm me for my number if you have any questions. They were literally 1/2 to 1/3 cheaper than every other shop around. Their number is 815-962-5594

Jetlink
07-27-2012, 02:54 PM
I rebuilt my entire rear seat and dog house before I took it to him, but I also took all the old pieces as well so he had something to work with as well. They also rebuilt my entire trunk lid except for the piece that is between the seat and the lid. That I did by myself. Surprised that the first go around with them didn't go so well. Like I said, I was very impressed and will go back for anything else that I need done upholstery wise there.