PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Heater Core Infor Needed

Ed Obermeier
09-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement heater core for the heater in my 2000 Legacy? This one was leaking so badly I finally had to bypass it, now I need to get it working with cool weather just around the corner. I've got it out and got it apart, just need the core to get it going again.

I'm assuming it's a Heater Craft heater (came installed from the factory as a factory option), identification stamped into the bottom pannel of the housing says "400-H Series". It's a 3 outlet setup, according to Heater Craft's web site it looks like what they refer to as a 3-H Series. Other than that their web site wasn't much help, no listings for replacement cores at all and no referrence to a 400-H Series heater.

It's obviously an automotive heater core, if I knew it's automotive application (what car it fits) I could go to Orielly's, pick one up, and get it going quickly. I'm also looking into getting it fixed at a radiator shop (gotta find one though...) but usually it's cheaper to replace the core than it is to get one fixed (in a car anyway). Anyone able to help out with some info?

All help much appreciated.

Ed

kcsideways
09-21-2005, 03:36 PM
www.skidim.com or best yet give them a call and walk them through what you have. They are a smaller operation, but very knowledgeable. If they are not available on the phone, do leave a message, they have always returned my call. Good luck Ed.

Ed Obermeier
09-21-2005, 04:35 PM
I appreciate the help. Called Heater Craft yesterday, which I should have done from the git-go. For $102 they're sending me a new heater core already installed in the housing, all I have to do is take the fan assembly off the old housing, install it on the new one, mount it and hook it up. Problem solved.

Thanks, Ed