PDA

View Full Version : Stranded

canadianpride
08-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Out on the water this morning and had grief! Perfect pass started to total cut in and out, and when I accelerate the engine would hesitate then go, and hesitate again! Then I stopped and idled, when idling the engine stalled right out. I tried to start it again it tried turning over4 times but never fired, then it just went dead and will only click when I try to turn over engine. Has anyone had something like this happen?

HIFLYR
08-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Did you just fill up? Possibly bad gas? After that i always start with the basics do you have spark, fuel, air and compression?
Good luck currently out waiting a thunderstorm to get on the lake.

canadianpride
08-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Not having any luck. I am trying to find the 50a circuit breaker, but can't seem to come across this reset anywhere!?

jzelt
08-06-2012, 01:17 PM
How about the fuel pump? Do you hear it pressurize when you turn the key? If not, there is a fuse for it. (ours was very well hidden blow the motor). Can test the fuel pump running direct current to terminals (warning, there is a + and - side on the pump that must match).

CornRickey
08-07-2012, 02:58 AM
With tour electronics acting up first then the performance issues I would say its a bad connection, starting with the battery/batteries. Usually a bad ground.

SquamInboards
08-07-2012, 11:53 AM
With tour electronics acting up first then the performance issues I would say its a bad connection, starting with the battery/batteries. Usually a bad ground.

Second that. Sounds like a dying battery, or very bad connection.

kreckley
08-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Finally squaminboards and cornrichey are close to the problem. Your bat\alternator is probably your problem If the breaker opened you wouldn't even get a click Period...sounds like hillier likes to smell gas Its got to turn over before you worry about a fuel pump omg