PDA

View Full Version : Our new toy

Kma4444
08-05-2012, 01:33 PM
So we, myself and Newbie Girl on here, went ahead and stepped up to a new boat. We had been looking and sea trialing different ones and had the lust at first sight over this one. So it's now ours, well, ours and the bank's for now.

We looked at all the popular boats in this range thinking mostly about surfing. It made the decision a bit more of a gamble as the info as far as surfing the Supra brand is not well disseminated.

We liked the Centurion Enzo, it was a very pretty boat that is obviously well known for it's surf wave. But we had a few people at a surf competition talk poorly about service issues etc and it put us in a bad position. I presumed it would be perfectly fine but if we went with it and then had problems, well, we would have been warned.

I like the Tige' quite a lot and if there had been a dealer closer or one who was more accommodating as far as sea trialing it, we might have ended up with that. But it would have had to been really nice to compete with this one.

We talked to Supreme and MB, Supreme has no-one even remotely close and the best option there was to fly to CA and tour the factory, then if we bought a boat they were going to compensate us for that. We would have probably bought the boat out of Utah and had it shipped,,,, just didn't get us too excited. The MB was alright but the boat aesthetically just didn't really work for us.

SO we went to Atlanta Marine and trialed their one remaining one of these:

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc341/kma4444/Maxi2atAM.jpg

We both took a breath when we rounded the corner and saw it there. It was last Sunday and the sales guy had met us to go on a sea trial. We were sold. They were fair on the price and fair with what they gave us for our current boat:

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc341/kma4444/MaxineatAM.jpg

We were sad to see her go as we really liked our 86 Sunsport, but we are confident someone will find her and enjoy their time with her as well.

So we have been out this weekend surfing, wakeboarding, and just riding. I will get more pics and videos of the, quite excellent, surf wake. So if anyone is considering a 242, let me assure you, it surfs wonderfully. I have lots of videos already with different ballast setups but they need editing and so forth. I will do the surf specific stuff in the surfing forum here. Sorry for the couple of bad cell phone pics, I will improve the quality as we go along.

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc341/kma4444/Maxineandbigugly.jpg

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc341/kma4444/Maxi2andbigugly.jpg

dickboxers
08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Not a bad upgrade or choice. I want to know what goes through your head the first time you cut into that new massive wake

michael hunter
08-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Congrats. Great boat ,Great Dealer I have seen that boat before its a looker. Atlanta Marine is about a mile from my house. We are on Lanier all the time . Give me a shout next time you come and we will get together for some surfing.

wotan2525
08-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm drooling. Congrats and I can't wait to see that surf wave!!

Diggs
08-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Wow nice work! Congrats

scotthons
08-06-2012, 11:16 AM
It is a beauty! Congrats

jzelt
08-06-2012, 12:22 PM
The old gal's red just didn't match the truck like the new one.

dusty2221
08-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Absolutely fantastic! 242 is my next I hope!

jeffkaasmason
08-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Wow that is a big step up. Looks like that should be reliable and fun.

RickT
08-07-2012, 10:54 AM
That is great to hear. Thank you for staying in the family! Atlanta marine is an outstanding dealer and will take great care of you.

My family absolutely loves the surf wake on the 242!

Enjoy,

Rick

Kma4444
08-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah, we are excited and the comment most often heard at the lake last weekend was, "That's the nicest boat I've ever seen". When people tell me how nice or pretty it is, my reply is, "Yeah, they build a beautiful boat". It is, a great looking piece. I'm very happy to find that it performs as well as it looks. So far we couldn't be happier.

This was a large purchase and we could have gone many different ways, we even looked at Master Crafts that were around $130k, (They looked like they were trying really hard on those boats, overdone. Kind of like a Ferrari with stick on hood scoops and louvers). We chose the Supra because it was great to look at, comfortable to be in and the folks at Atlanta Marine were good to deal with.

And we still are going to come up and tour the place Rick.

Thanks everyone!!

HIFLYR
08-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Very nice especally like the color :-). I was wanting a MC but could not justify the price.

tg0824SSVGG
08-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Hey RickT - thanks for posting - come around more often!

Todd

webbbrad
08-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Awesome. Beautiful boat for sure!

Kma4444
08-08-2012, 07:13 AM
We had made the decision to order a boat for delivery in the spring but had continued to look when we had the time. We live 2+ hours from any inboard dealers so it was always a voyage to go just kick tires so to speak. I had been playing around with the boat builder on the Supra website and I couldn't find a combination I liked any better than what's on the one we got. I would like to see the same thing but with the red replaced with yellow. We looked at a Centurion that was yellow and black and it was very nice. I understand there might be a fading issue with the yellow and that's why they choose not to offer it on the top deck. The only way to get the yellow and black would have been to go with a black top deck. I give that idea a NO THANK YOU!!!!! You'd need to wear a fire suit to be around that the way the sun heats up dark fiberglass.

So to put a close to this way too long a tome about colors,,,,, we would have ordered this boat almost exactly, especially after seeing it in person.

dkelly4819
08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
That's beautiful! I have an '89 Sunsport and I go by Atlanta Marine every now and then just to dream and drool.

supraaddict
09-06-2012, 10:06 PM
I love the red and black, I think your boat is my favorite as far as color scheme goes, and it matches the tow rig!

Limegreen
09-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Nice work! I want one! Saw a nice used one listed in Knoxville. Same scheme but the red is limegreen. Could be cool. I keep coming back to the 242.

I suppose I noticed it because my ole disasterraft is limegreen. Love it, or hate it.

Your new baby is timeless, you'll enjoy looking at that for years!!!

Kma4444
09-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Thanks Limegreen. Yeah, I saw some pretty stuff when we were looking but I wondered how they would stand the test of time. It would be easy to imagine that the super cool graphics o today could become as cool as gold chains and unconstructed jackets are now. I agree, the 242 has a look that should stay in style for a while.

I could see bright green working on it, that would be striking. I liked the Tige' Z3 with a similar color.

Thanks again

Kma4444
09-11-2012, 07:00 AM
And yeah Brad, it just so happens that the boat does match big ugly, it actually makes the old truck look better doesn't it??? I played around with the boat builder and I couldn't find a color combination I liked any better than this one either.

When we left the lake after this weekend, the hour meter is showing almost 60!!!! We've been enjoying it a lot.

PATROLW871
09-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Great looking boat.... enjoy it and welcome to the 242 family...
https://forum.supraboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11234&d=1347726217

Kma4444
09-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Thanks, we're still loving our 242. We've done about 42 hours so far with it and nothing but smiles. Great looking '42 you have there, the colors are unconventional and look wonderful.

lasi
09-27-2012, 10:30 AM
ohhh lovely boat. i can't wait to get my hands on one of those. by the way just had a nice dinner with my girl friends yesterday on my boat