PDA

View Full Version : MB Quart... Wired remotes not working!

WakeMC
08-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a 2010 22 Launch withe the MB Quart stereo system. I have the 3 wired remotes with the WM1-BB box and a DVD slave. I also have 2 Kicker Amps. At first the ignition had to be turned to run, along with the stereo switch to turn the stereo and amps on. One day my remotes stopped working (all 3) but the backlighting on all the remotes were still on. Then I noticed that I didn't have to have the boat on or have the stereo switch on to run the stereo. (if I'm running the iPod off the aux input.) The only way I could turn the stereo power on or off was through the DVD slave. THEN my amps went out! ZERO power. So I took one of my batteries out and got it tested and sure enough, DEAD! So I replaced both batteries with the CORRECT batteries AGM Dual Purpose Batteries! I had 2 wet acid CRANK batteries in my boat from Skiers Choice even though they recommend 2 Dual Purpose batteries! Go figure! Anyway, after I installed the new batteries (2 AGM Dual Purpose Batteries) my amps and stereo came back on, but only when I turn the DVD slave on. So my 3 wired remotes still do not work even though the backlight comes on. So I'm not sure what is going on. I even checked the fuses and all seem to be fine.

Other brain box systems have a reset button, but I can't find one for this one! I think if I can reset it somehow it may work. I'm only guessing though!

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

ChooseParkay
06-02-2013, 10:38 AM
I have a 2010 22 Launch withe the MB Quart stereo system. I have the 3 wired remotes with the WM1-BB box and a DVD slave. I also have 2 Kicker Amps. At first the ignition had to be turned to run, along with the stereo switch to turn the stereo and amps on. One day my remotes stopped working (all 3) but the backlighting on all the remotes were still on. Then I noticed that I didn't have to have the boat on or have the stereo switch on to run the stereo. (if I'm running the iPod off the aux input.) The only way I could turn the stereo power on or off was through the DVD slave. THEN my amps went out! ZERO power. So I took one of my batteries out and got it tested and sure enough, DEAD! So I replaced both batteries with the CORRECT batteries AGM Dual Purpose Batteries! I had 2 wet acid CRANK batteries in my boat from Skiers Choice even though they recommend 2 Dual Purpose batteries! Go figure! Anyway, after I installed the new batteries (2 AGM Dual Purpose Batteries) my amps and stereo came back on, but only when I turn the DVD slave on. So my 3 wired remotes still do not work even though the backlight comes on. So I'm not sure what is going on. I even checked the fuses and all seem to be fine.

Other brain box systems have a reset button, but I can't find one for this one! I think if I can reset it somehow it may work. I'm only guessing though!

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

I have the exact same problem!! The main head unit works fine but the two wired remotes I have light up but will not "communicate" with the head unit!! I put the head unit under a seat with the intention of solely using the wired remote to control the sound and now the remote isn't working but the light still comes on and displays the station info!! If this does not get fixed I will have to pick one station and a normal volume to use all summer. Please help!

How did you fix your problem?