PDA

View Full Version : new carb

yachts
08-11-2012, 10:19 PM
well got the boat back at 3 with a new starter and bilge pump.. only one problem it will turn over now it just wont start.. so took off air cleaner and one of the curved pieves of metal tha shoots fuel into the carb is broke and was shooting gas all the way into the open dog house.. no one around to rebuild it, so i went out and bought a new edelbrock.. put it on and it started after a couple of squirts of starter fluid.. so i have a 650 cfm edel brock that replaced the holly.. any things i should watch for?

86 century
08-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Put a new set of plugs in it. Take it for a spin pay real close attention to the eng temp listen for spark knock. Run it at wot then stop shut it down pull a few plugs they should be a medium brown.

Repeat this for idle and mid range this will tell you if the tuning is close.

michael hunter
08-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Is it a Marine carb ?

92SupraComp
08-14-2012, 11:46 AM
edelbrocks are all right, not as good as a new holley but a good cheaper replacement for a worn out carb. i would rebuild the holley put it back on and keep the edelbrock as a spare or sell it on ebay.

CornRickey
08-15-2012, 10:30 AM
It doesn't have the "j" tubes that direct float bowel overflow down the throat of the carb in the event you have a failure, decreasing thw chance of fume build up in the compartment.

92SupraComp
08-16-2012, 12:02 AM
the "j" tubes are pretty important. you can easily pull them off the holley and put them on the edel

yachts
08-16-2012, 08:43 AM
the problem wasnt the carb after all... the new starter i got last week turned the wrong way forcing fuel out. i put the holly back on and returned the edelbrock.. ithe boat runs great just idles a little fast about 1200 going to adjust the linkage..

CornRickey
08-17-2012, 01:41 AM
Sweet. Congrats