PDA

View Full Version : 2003 supra idle problems

astinwes
08-16-2012, 08:28 PM
hey guys,

we went out on the lake last weekend and the boat ran fine. i ran an entire tank of fuel out, so on the way home i stopped and filled the boat up.

tonight we went out for a quick set and i couldn't get the boat to stay cranked. when i did (by giving it gas before it stalled), it would idle pretty erratic.

once i start giving it throttle, it runs great, but when i back off to idle, it hunts for idle and try to die. it runs perfect at all rpm ranges, except idle.

what do you guys think? bad gas? i was thinking of siphoning all the gas out and putting fresh in.

the boat is an 03 SSV with indmar assault fuel injected.

CornRickey
08-17-2012, 01:38 AM
How long were you able to run it on the new gas? I'm wondering if some water got though or you sucked some stuff upwhen the tank ran low. Have you ran it that low in the past? That's a lot of gas to siphon out. I'd check the fuel pressure, change out the filters and maybe siphon out some gas for a look see. Your talking 160 bucks a tank (x2) to see if that was the issue compared to a couple filters and a pressure test. Good luck.

astinwes
08-17-2012, 08:06 AM
it cranked up, i shut it off at the dock. when i fired it back up to leave the dock, it started having trouble. i'll probably change the filter saturday, if that doesn't work, i'll pull the gas out and put it in 5 gallon cans (just in case its not the fuel).

I wonder if it could be an IAC issue?

astinwes
08-19-2012, 08:18 AM
I've trouble shot the problem down to the IAC. it appears to have failed. the IAC has no part numbers on it, does anyone know where i can pick one up. I'm assuming that it is a standard part off of some year GM engine, but i'm not sure which one.

i'll probably pull the valve off today and try to run up to the parts store and see if they have something.