PDA

View Full Version : 2012 supra 22ssv worlds edition surfing setup ?

z06supra
08-19-2012, 10:48 AM
hey guys i am new to supra boats and this forum. i just got my boat about 3 weeks ago. this weekend was the first attempt to wake surf. i realize i need more ballast. what is the stock ballast sizes for my boat? i havent been able to find that info anywhere.

i want to setup for a great wake surf, will the fat sac 1100 lbs fit in the rear locker? and what do i need for the front ski locker? sorry for the beginner questions. alot of info on here i already see, but i dont even know what i have in the boat now. spec sheet says 1450 lbs but i dont know how much is in each bag.

i love my boat and i love this wake surfing.

my wife could get off the rope yesterday im 180 lbs and my buddy was 280 i had to sit on port side as he did.
when i tried i had to hold the rope slightly every 10 seconds or so pull slightly.
when my 280 lb buddy got out there he was on the rope hard the whole time.

any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

i also want to remain the factory stock look if possible with just a plug n play setup.

thanks

webbbrad
08-19-2012, 11:42 PM
1450 factory is 400 in each rear locker and 650 in center

I have 21v and got a 650 to put in surf side. I would like a little more.
You can fit an 1100 in there but probably not fill full.
Also, if you upgrade the size of bag you will need to change the ballast pump timers

Where are you?

z06supra
08-20-2012, 09:50 PM
thanks brad, yea i knew about changing the timers. i think im going to go to 1100s, in the rear and add an ibs in the bow. im not quiet sure about the bow sac if i can integrate using the factory center pump to fill it or not.???? do you know if that can be done and if so how hard it is? if not i think im gonna try one of the tsunami pumps to fill it. im in central georgia on lake sinclair.

do you just add your 650 on top of your 400? and how do you fill it? do you get plenty of push?

correction to my first post, on the 2nd day we added another 125 lb passenger and i could get off the rope easily and ride for 5-10 minutes even drank a cold one while i was up :) but i couldnt move much at all or i would lose the push.

webbbrad
08-21-2012, 07:53 AM
I swapped out the 400 with 650. One thing u might can try is re route your vent/overflow line through the extra front sac

If you are on Sinclair, you need to meet up with wolfeman131 from moomba forum
He has a new mojo and has a solid surf setup

webbbrad
08-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Other option on ibs is ad a y valve on the fill line. Fill center, switch to ibs fill. You'll have to drain independently as well
We did that on a friends x30 for surf ballast

Kma4444
08-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Hey Z06, we're on Sinclair too, I saw your boat the first weekend out with our new Supra. At least I think it was yours, over at the island across from airport island????

This weekend we were trying different things and ended up with the right side full, storage, under seat, wherever we could stuff bags on the right side. Then the 400 bag in the left rear full and nothing at all up front. This was a very good wake for us, maybe the best we have had. I have a custom bag that is supposed to be in UPS' hands now and on it's way from Wisconsin that I should have before the weekend. It will replace the stock bag and fit under the right seats all the way to the cooler area behind the driver. Then I will take one of our old small bags and put it under the cooler and plumb it in as well so it will be all automatic.

I'm thinking that will get us pretty close to as much weight as we will need. The only change might then be having another bag made for the left side in case we want to surf over there some times. I'm thinking next year on that though.

We LOVE our boat and it's wave. My wife did the competition down in Florida this year and surfed behind Keenan Fleegal's Centurion, she likes this wake better. I'm not saying it is a better wake than a Centurion, but she likes it better. So I'm very happy about that.

We'll watch for you, we hang out around the dam area. Congrats on your new ride!!

z06supra
08-21-2012, 12:22 PM
i spoke to drew this week im gonna try to meet up with him and see how he has his setup. he is who recommended the 1100s and the ibs. this ballast stuff is all new to me but im eager to learn. when you say y valve i assume you would manually turn the valve to fill the ibs and then switch it manually to fill the center? or is that something you can do electronically? also i read that you can upgrade the center tank to gravity games and add another 500 lbs or so? my locker looks pretty full to me but not sure how long up in the bow it goes. im emailing wakemakers back and forth trying to figure out what im going to do before labor day weekend. i may just do the tsunami pump for now for the ibs.

hey kma did you get your supra from atlanta marine? i was on the sandbar that weekend with my brother and his kids i had my boat for 1 week at that time. we are all the way up on crooked creek under the bridge in that cove thats where we play alot its usually pretty calm there,(til i make a few laps :) if its too choppy we head to oconee dam and its almost always perfect up there. so do all of yall ride goofy? we all ride regular with my crew. how much did that custom bag run you? i thought about that option so i could take advantage of all that space but didnt know how well those would work or how pricey they would be. how much weight is that custom bag supposed to give you?

also how much total ballast can we realistically carry before we are endangering turning over lol, i figured adding the 1100 in the rear filling the stock center and the ibs ill be at about 2400 lbs is that realistic? then if i add 400 to the other side 2800?

also what about props? are we good with stock prop o carry 2400 plus gear and a few passengers just to surf? i would never actually drive with that much weight in it obviously.

sorry for the long post

Kma4444
08-21-2012, 01:30 PM
It did come from Atlanta Marine. Talking to Drew will certainly help you with boat setup, he's been at this a while and knows what he's doing for sure.

We've never made it up to the dam, wish it was close as sometimes we have trouble finding any peace. We usually try and get everything we can done by 11am as that seems to be the witching hour. The best times are to arrange work around being there on a Monday, that gives up the lake largely to ourselves.

The bag was $800 with fittings and such, not cheap but it will fill the side of the boat, whether we fill it all the way up or not. If I remember the math, it will give us about 1600 pounds capacity. It will be about what we are currently stuffing in there with separate bags but will obviously be a plug and play setup. I'm sure it will be all the weight we will need.

We do ride goofy, my wife introduced me to surfing and since she was already goofy, it made sense for me to just go that way.

Like I mentioned before, we went with zero weight in the front this past weekend and it worked great, no shortage of length at all. I'm sure we will try more setups as we learn this boat but so far we are most pleased. The wave was good with just the right side weighted, but by adding the left side weight, it made it bigger and didn't hurt the shape or anything else.

Our boat came with the Acme 1235, 14.5 x 14.25 with a .105 cup. No problems at all with getting up and going and if I had my choice I might try a larger diameter prop and or more pitch, 15 or so. Not anytime soon as I am spending too much right now on boat stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

webbbrad
08-22-2012, 07:33 AM
z06
The only y valves I know of are manual
But for about $350, you could add a 4th jabsco reversible pump to fill and empty

z06supra
08-22-2012, 08:02 AM
thanks everyone for the help i ordered yesterday went with 1100 rears an ibs sac and a tube sac for under the seat. for now im just gonna use a tsunami pump to fill the ibs and tube sac. later on i want to integrate the ibs either with a new pump, or with using the y valve from the center to the ibs. im going to get with wolfman and see how he has his set up to fill his.

kma i know what you mean down where you are is some of the choppiest water on the lake i love how clear it is there though. we live on crooked creek and it is about 12 miles on the water for us to go up all the way to oconee dam. at bout 8 -9 miles the water gets smooth. its not that great for swimming it is more mucky but when it gets too choppy for our cove we head that way. we will have to meet up sometime and compare wakes :) your boat is a 24' right?

z06supra
08-22-2012, 11:56 AM
hey kma just curious did your bow speakers work in your boat? mine doesnt work and hasnt since i got the boat havent had time to go to the dealer.

Kma4444
08-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I have gone around and stuck my ear to them all to make sure I had noise in them. The FM reception is pretty poor, even with a different, amplified, antenna. Probably has more to do with being in Milledgeville than anything. But it's a shame as we like to catch the Lake Patrol to get freebies once in a while. My automatic bilge pump didn't work, but it worked manually. The fuse was blown and replacing it fixed the problem. If it recurs I will investigate it further.

We're in Macon so it would need to be a pretty good warranty problem for me to tow it back to Atlanta Marine. They said it was usually no problem to get work done locally as long as I get them an estimate first. But I will do anything it needs, so I suppose I will send them a bill for finding the fuse problem!!!!!!

z06supra
08-22-2012, 10:11 PM
i have to contact them i have 2 problems one of my stereo remotes you cant read most of the time its like it shows a bunch of asterisk in the display, but not all the time. my bow speakers wont work at all i play thru an ipod and at volume 25 its loud in every speaker but the 2 bow speakers you barely and i mean barely hear anything thru them. i live in vidalia 2 hours from sinclair, and def do not want to go all the way back to atlanta marine. im gonna have to call them and see if they are ok with me getting estimates as well. thanks for that info.

Mobius22
09-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Have you tried messing with the Fade on your stereo? It could just be that it is faded to the rear of the boat and that's why your bow speakers are really quiet

z06supra
09-05-2012, 10:08 PM
yep i had tried everything it turned out being in the amp settings. they changed the remote i was having issues with but now this one does the same thing sometimes it works and sometimes it looks like its in alien language. lol.

on a side note i can throw up a nice surf wave now thanks to drew from lake sinclair, oh and wakemakers lol :)

Mobius22
09-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Do the speakers work now though? Glad Drew helped you out, he's a pro at weighting boats for surfing

Kma4444
09-11-2012, 07:05 AM
I played with our fader control this weekend and noticed it seems to be fading not front to rear so much as tower speakers to in boat speakers. Interesting but I could see why they are set up that way. Glad it was a straight forward fix. We've been having a bast with ours, we just couldn't be more pleased.