PDA

View Full Version : VISION Issues

Chad Mueller
08-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Wondering if anyone else has had issues with their VISION system? Here's my situation:

I've got a 2012 22 Launch with 100 hours on it. Was riding in the morning and then stopped for lunch. Upon restarting, speed on the VISION system at rest was cycling from 0 to 8 mph and when moving was cycling from below speed to 50 mph. Not sure but it might have been on a few seconds cycle up and down. FYI - it's not good to have the cruise on in this situation as the motor tries to follow the false GPS readings. It was like this for a 30 minute ride back to the dock and continued to fluctuate every time I checked it while tied up. After sitting for a couple hours at the dock it settled back in as if nothing happened.

In addition, I also lost all of my analog gauges at roughly the same time except for the tach. But at the same time, the readouts on the VISION system except for speed all seemed to be functioning ok. The gauges still aren't functioning even though the GPS speed seems to have stabilized.

A few days earlier while I was surfing the speed surged, but I chalked it up to someone in the bow blocking the GPS receiver. Might have been a warning sign though of things to come.

Boat is currently at the dealer. Service manager was thinking defective GPS receiver. Doesn't seem to explain the frozen gauges though. Will keep you updated.

Chad

CincyLaunch
08-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Chad

I know where your coming from. Just got my boat back a week or two ago from having VISION issues and the GPS still doesnt work right.

It doesn't surprise me that your analog gauges stopped working since they are controlled by the vision dash.

Even though I got my boat back the dealer didn't get the gps antenna fixed. Honestly good luck skiers choice didn't even know what the problem was. They just had to replace everything. Lucky you it's still in the 1 year warranty.

My CC somehow is working fine though. It somehow is running from the paddle wheel and not the gps. My dealer and the SC rep are as dumbfounded as I.

Best of luck! These things are not well supported.

David