PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Heart...

Okie Boarder
08-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Sad day for myself and my family today. We lost a close friend yesterday that was both a friend to the family and a really good friend and colleague to my Dad. Talking to my Dad last night, I can tell he is struggling...it hurts quite a bit for me too. We know he was a Christian and know where he is, but it doesn't make us miss him any less.

Please keep his family and all the friends in your thoughts and prayers.

This world just lost a very good man! :(

ridein04
08-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Sorry for your loss.

tg0824SSVGG
08-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Okie - I am so so sorry. I understand the heavy heart, as I write this - I am heading out the door to my mother in law's funeral.
She was more dear to me than my own mom -- she's been a key part of my life for more than 35 years.

Hang in there - you know where he went - perhaps he's partying with my mother in law right now!

Todd

Okie Boarder
08-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks. My Dad has been having a tough time. It's hard to say goodbye (even for now) to a person you've been friends with that long. I've talked to my Dad a few times...the day he found out he was really choked up...probably only the second time in my life I've heard my Dad cry. I was glad I was able to comfort him a little bit. The other times we've talked I can hear him catching himself when we talk about certain things.

Todd, sorry for your loss, as well.