PDA

View Full Version : supra santera 2003

crystal waters
08-23-2012, 06:21 PM
came across this on craigslist today ---just putting it out there!

http://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/3203734831.html

haugy
08-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Man I would jump ALL OVER THIS! I would leave it completely naked too, no tower or anything. Friggin great boats right there.

skiman_61
08-24-2012, 10:48 AM
How is that wake on the Santera for slalom? I have a Saltare' now for reference. This one is a looker. A little hard to believe?

skiman_61
08-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Haugy, you want to take a road trip with me to look at this???

skiman_61
08-25-2012, 06:37 PM
How is that wake on the Santera for slalom? I have a Saltare' now for reference. This one is a looker. A little hard to believe?

This one appears to be a hoax. That said. I'd still like to know the general characteristics of this model and year of boat. I towed a 2000 something to the dock a few years back. Mechanical failure. I know that the company has changed hands a few times etc. As Harley-Davidson did over the years. Peaks and valleys with quality and reliability.

I've been looking at Malibus, but they just don't have the stuff as far as appearance. No lines on the top side. Just another boat, above the water.

CornRickey
08-26-2012, 01:18 AM
How do you possibly gauge a product by having to tow one to a dock?

skiman_61
08-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Well, ya cant. Ergo, my question and the rest of that sentence. Some model years have certain inherent problems, so I posted a query to the network of Supra sage advice here to find what they might be. The '87 Saltare' is a great boat, but that model year has stringer problems.

Thanks,

Jack

Kma4444
08-26-2012, 09:09 AM
A Supra with a sink??? Now that's pretty cool. I like the layout of this one, really nice.

The rot problem, stringers, floors, seat backs whatever,, is a problem with every boat that is built using wood. Sure there are examples of old boats with no discernible rot but don't count on finding one, I don't care who made it.

This boat should have no particular problems. It's an all composite boat, no wood structure, it uses a Chevy V8, simple transmission and V drive. Should be a completely reliable package. The care it has had during it's life is much more important than who built it.

If I was looking and it was close I would not hesitate to sink money into it.

skiman_61
08-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for your reply. I have an '87 Salt now. Bought it used 14 years ago. Thinking about something a little more current. That said, I believe the CL posting above is a hoaxter as I have replied to it twice with no response.