PDA

View Full Version : varmints in boat

jeffreyk573
08-25-2012, 07:32 PM
I have to ask what to me seems to me, a pretty bizarre question. Has anyone but me had a varmint of some kind ( mouse,rat, racoon, insert favorite here) in thier boat. I can hear whatever it is making a noise that sounds a lot like CHEWING, coming from in front of my v-drive. I have already put poison and glue traps everywhere I could. But this will drive me crazy. Just what kind of damage could be done?

rdlangston13
08-25-2012, 08:16 PM
has not happened to me but i have heard of it happening to others. mice chewing and wreak havoc on wire harnesses and such. hopefully the traps get him so he wont die and stink up the boat! i think Ed G had a mouse get stuck in the bilge pump drain hose one time

lewisb13
08-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Got out on the water one time in our favorite cove and found 3 kittens. You should have seen the wife jump when she reached for a life jacket and kittens were in there.

rdlangston13
08-26-2012, 07:17 PM
If that were my boat they would be some wet kittens

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

Jetlink
08-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Is your boat on the trailer? Is the sound coming from down in your bilge? What about "flooding" your bilge while the boat is on the trailer? I bet this would flush out whatever might be making all that noise.

pap
08-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Today wife was cleaning out boat, a frog jumped out when she pulled the playpen side cushion and scared the crap out of her. LOL. It was pretty cool - sticky toes, it would stick right to your arm. Took it to a nearby pond and let it go. Don't think a frog will do much damage, but I hope there aren't any more in there.

Blackntan90
08-29-2012, 06:32 PM
I found kittens in the bow of mine once, while checking on the boat at the storage. Cover was on tight if I recall, Mother cat came after I left and moved them. I am glad she moved them for me, and glad that my wife did not see them!!

jeffreyk573
08-31-2012, 07:46 AM
I still havn't caught anything in my traps. Boat is on a trailer, maybe I will try to flood bilge this weekend and see if I can flush anything out