PDA

View Full Version : Adding '03 SSV wakeplate steering column switch - I need a p

keithf
09-15-2002, 03:01 PM
Hi, I am busy adding the '03 SSV steering wheel wakeplate switch to my '02 SSV. I'd apppreciate a pointer on the wiring. Maybe Matt Brown can assist here?

I plan to leave the existing wakeplate switch in place with all it's wiring, and just tap into it with the new switch wiring.

The existing switch is a double-pole double-throw switch, while the new switch is a single-pole double throw switch. So that leaves me with a choice. Which wires / circuit should I tap into on the existing switch?

I'm assuming I should tap into the blue, red and yellow side of the existing switch, but I'd like to confirm it with you first. I was planning on attaching the new switch green to old switch blue, new switch red to old switch red, and new switch blue to old switch yellow.

A response by mid-week is appreciated! That way I can put it all together in time for a Sat am sesh.

Thanks! Keith.

Brian Raymond
09-19-2002, 02:25 PM
We recommend for this type of change, you contact your local dealer. To add the turn signal type switch, the existing switch will have to be disconnected and it will require making alterations to your boat's wiring harness. Mistakes during the alteration of the harness could damage some of the other components of your boat or create an unsafe condition. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the Tech Service Department at Skier's Choice.

Thanks for the question.

keithf
09-19-2002, 09:46 PM
Thanks Brian. I've sent an email to you at [email protected]. Regards! Keith.

keithf
10-01-2002, 06:01 PM
FYI to those wanting to do this. It's easy if you understand electrical wiring. Brian faxed me the relevant wiring diagrams, and voila. If in doubt, use your dealer and have it done properly, etc. Thanks Brian!

Hope this helps! Keith.