PDA

View Full Version : Perfect pass

hanski
09-23-2005, 07:25 PM
I have a 98 Legacy, love it, first boat. Definitly a sentimental boat...both my 4 and 6 year old are skiing on the long rope......

Is perfect pass worth it?

I don't see a new boat for a few years at least. Speedos suck!

My wife is a "good driver", I know she looks at this BB

Brian Raymond
09-23-2005, 11:01 PM
PP is a great option to have. However, when kids are beginning to ski/board, I like to be in control of the throttle. When teaching my son, when he was 5, lake conditions and fatigue were something I could compensate for that PP could not. If you are pulling riders of multiple ages, and novice riders, it is a plus for the driver and rider. The Airguide speedos can easily be clogged, and not always be accurate. Get a r.p.m. reading of the riders speed, and pull them by the tach. reading (this is a constant reading). Just my 2 cents worth. Brian Raymond

silvtongdvl
09-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Perfect pass has been called a "marriage saver" by some. Holding speed for water sports is not an easy task. PP can can compensate for load, tiredness or any water condition because you set the speed by .2 mph increments. The throttle can be pulled back at any time - so you are still in complete control the entire time. The marriage saver comes in when its your turn to ride!!!!!! We have it and its great - would not own a wakeboard boat without it. Why not give a perfect ride everytime.
It saves gas - just like cruise in your car. Makes small corrections you can not possible make. Worth every penny - NO I do not work for them. I just have driven many boats without it and know its hard to keep speed and trying too all day wears YOU down.
The new one even saves peoples names with their setting so all you have to do is bring up the persons name when changing riders - doesn't come any easier than that.
~S~