PDA

View Full Version : trim tab question

jeffreyk573
08-31-2012, 07:52 AM
Could anyone tell me where to look for the inline fuse on my Bennett trim tab system. It just quit working last time out. No hum from the motor on the system, no movement of the tabs. I've looked under the dash, traced the wires into a big bundle where I kinda lost them going aft. Any suggestions?

CornRickey
08-31-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure the location or the 05's but my 03 has resetable breakers under the dash and the circuit board above it has many blade fuses between the wire harness plugs.

Gregmacdog
08-31-2012, 08:56 PM
I had the same issue, and found the fuse was under the dash, at the circuit board. I kept pulling fuses until I found the broken one.
Hope this helps.

jeffreyk573
09-01-2012, 08:20 AM
I'll take another look at the breaker panel and the fuse board. The fuses that I found were for the ballast system. Appreciate the info. I still have a LOT to learn about his boat.

Tabman
09-03-2012, 05:08 PM
jeffreyk573

I am not sure where Supra may have put the fuse / breaker for the Tab, but from the factory we supply a 20 amp fuse on the orange wire to the switch so you may want to check there. Also take a look at both ends of the black ground wire at the pump.

Tom McGow
Bennett Marine