PDA

View Full Version : Gel Coat cracks around Tower mounts

msutoad
09-26-2005, 01:28 PM
I have a 2004 Launch SSV and have had gel coat cracks fixed already once on the hull where the tower mounts to the hull. They were fixed before the spring, and I have some new ones already, and I have only 90 hours since having them fixed last time. I am not a hardcore rider, and am not a big guy. The tower should NOT be causing this many cracks in the hull.

Are other seeing this same problem? I know the 2005 towers have larger mounting plates for the tower, which should help reduce or stop the stress cracking.

Skier's Choice, what is being done to help resolve this problem?

Thanks

Jason

silvtongdvl
09-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Did they put the rubber pads under the tower mounts??? The factory fix is just that - had mine done - no cracks have returned.
~S~

msutoad
09-29-2005, 09:44 PM
No they did not put the rubber pads under the tower. How did you get them? Should the dealer know that, or should I tell them? Let me know please!!!

Thanks for your info.

Jason

10-05-2005, 11:43 PM
you will probably have to make them, or have a boat shop make them, you also need rubber on the other side, and back-up plate as rugged as the exterior at least. Try not jerk the rope ever, or pull a ski rope in the water wide-open

silvtongdvl
10-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Dealer told me that the pads are part of the factory fix. I guess you need to have your dealer get with the factory. Since dealers often charge the factory for this repair, I don't understand why the information wasn't passed along.
Hope this helps - sorry it took so long to reply.
~S~

msutoad
12-02-2005, 07:51 AM
So the factory told my dealer that because my 04' did not come with them from the factory, that they were not needed. I am not a Supra engineer, but physics would suggest that the pads would all the force to be displaced from the tower to the rubber, before harshly trying to displace into the hull. I guess I am wondering, do other people with 03's or 04's havethe rubber washes/pads under their tower mount?

Thanks

J

propwash03
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
The pads came on my boat, but there's still cracks around the mounts and gelcoat stress cracks all over the boat, in the back by the engine, in the playpen and on the outside just under the indmar logo.

dailyssv
01-18-2008, 09:50 AM
MY 03 had pads with no cracks but I have a friend with the same boat and he had them. My 07 im not sure if it has pads. Just buy good quality rubber pad around .100 to .150 thick and install it your self its not hard or give it to the dealer and tell them to do their job.