PDA

View Full Version : Sunk Conbrio

cadunkle
09-05-2012, 04:48 PM
http://ixcr.com/supraupsidedown.jpg

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795393

haugy
09-05-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm going with overloaded that sucker with ballast.

chrisk
09-05-2012, 05:16 PM
That guy's on the forum, forget the username

chrisk
09-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I think this is it? If it is, sorry about your boat hyghoctane. Is it a story we can all learn from or a fluke?

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?11288-Gave-my-1990-Conbrio-a-complete-facelift.-New-Wrap-and-powdercoating&highlight=Hygh+Octane

86 century
09-05-2012, 09:11 PM
That sucks man
Good that every one is ok
Well on the bright side the bottom looks good
Would have been a good time to check the running gear and rudder.

mr.jrc
09-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Did you replace the floor and stringers in this when you did your rebuild? ... and if so, did you add the foam back in? without the foam, the boat flipping certainly would be a blessing in disguise.

Glad everyone is ok.

You did the right thing by getting the engine running as soon as possible, should not be any probs with the engine due to your actions.

beat taco
09-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Boat didn't flip and wasn't overloaded, I took the time to read the wake world thread!

-Jake

beat taco
09-06-2012, 12:17 AM
FLIP-

VERB
Turn over or cause to turn over with a sudden sharp movement: "The boat was flipped by a huge wave".

Don't need to read WW thread to see that. But I'm just being flippant! Lol

I find your posts around here useful! If I had a nickel for every meaningless post I've read of yours in the past year I could afford one of those expensive new boats I see all the whipper snappers cruising around in!

That's my third and final post here, thanks for the help!

-Jake

Ptownkid
09-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Take er easy, he's clearly joking around...

supraaddict
09-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Man that sucks, I hate to see overturned boats. Makes me cringe because we all put so much time and effort in to them.

SquamInboards
09-06-2012, 10:53 AM
From the WW thread, here's the first hand description of what happened. Worth keeping in mind if you have a conbrio or similar boat. Especially if it's got original stringers / foam and might be a little bow heavy with water-soaked-foam weight.

"This happened because we a had a couple of people sitting up front when we idled down into the no wake zone. No one in back just me in driver seat and someone in spotter seat. when water came in I got on it like you normally would to bring the nose up out of the water but this time it dived down deeper. once water got high enough engine stalled out. I probably could have hit the throttle harder and got the front up but I think I hesitated because I was into the no wake zone with lots of other boats around. I should have the people in front move to the back before idling down. No ballast and or overloaded. just a few mistakes."

haugy
09-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Boat didn't flip and wasn't overloaded, I took the time to read the wake world thread!
-Jake

Want a cookie?

I find your posts around here useful! If I had a nickel for every meaningless post I've read of yours in the past year I could afford one of those expensive new boats I see all the whipper snappers cruising around in!
That's my third and final post here, thanks for the help!
-Jake

Well seeing as how you were wrong, and came in with an attitude, his post was as meaningless as yours. All you did was state some arrogant claim like we are fools. And his posts have been some of the most insightful on this forum. His boat is immaculate, his knowledge is very helpful, and he has gone out of the way to help others. You have only posted 3 times, have brought nothing beneficial to this forum, and obviously can't take a joke.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/bowtechhunter73/z131197681-1.jpg

hyghoctane
09-06-2012, 01:55 PM
boat was not overloaded and we do not run any ballast. The three people in the front were 8-10 year old kids. This all happened in a matter of seconds. No horse playing, no excessive speed, no booze were involved. Just an unfortunate accident. Important thing will always be everyone got out safe and had life jackets. Boat will be fine minus a few lost phones and some electronics other than that I'm thankful nobody was injured.

Supra-in-steamboat
09-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Well spoken. Awesome read. Thanks for sharing Hyghoctane and I too am glad no humans were injured. I am also glad your boat is up and running. Ride on.

chrisk
09-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks for letting us all know what happened Hyghoctane, good things to know for us classics owners and probably the new boats as well. Curious about whether or not you think there's a possibility your bilge was full or slightly full of water when it happened. I know there's no way of knowing for sure, just curious.

Blackntan90
09-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Thank god everyone is O.K. I did learn some boat handling theory by reading the WW post that I will persue in the real world as the situation arises.

KarolinaKid
09-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Yes, clearly! Geez, 3 posts and you're already leaving? Damn, I'm not doing a very good job then...hope you would leave after the second.
There...I just gave you another nickel. Maybe you can add a board rack now to your expensive boat!

Seriously, lighten up dude!!!!

And let me add....

"Don't go away mad...just go away!"

Sorry, could not resist...lol

Jetlink
09-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Seriously, lighten up dude!!!!

Would have been better with a movie quote, like... "Lighten up Francis." from Stripes.

Jetlink
09-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Jetlink, you're right! Been off my game this week. Great movie! Had a crush on Sean Young when I was a kid after seeing the movie.

You're alright in my book kid...:D Get the phone issue sorted out?

HyghOctane, as a fellow low freeboard owner, I feel your pain man... There are some idiots out there that seem to try and swamp my boat whenever they get a chance. Thankfully I have been able to avoid most all those bozos. Hope you get back on the water soon man and keep us posted.

DAFF
09-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Swamping the nose is a very serious senario. Have a few wash outs myself with a nose heavy Launch too. More than likely a few hours of clean up and drying out the Conbrio engine and fuel system and you will be back out there.

haugy
09-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Haugy, I appreciate those fine words, but I'm very content with being the ass that I am.

When the hell did I say you weren't? :D

mapleleaf
09-08-2012, 10:41 PM
and we're not surprised with a handle like "Beat Taco"? AS in totally destroyed? I like burrito's better anyway...

CornRickey
09-09-2012, 01:19 AM
I don't know what's worse, the over turned boat or the jet thingy with the rad tower that pulled you in (that's a joke everyone knows the jet thingy is worse) ;)