PDA

View Full Version : Tower Strength

HarryM
09-06-2012, 11:58 AM
We're thinking of putting a tower on our Bravura. Here's the question : Because the tower mounts on the top-side of the hull (deck half above the joint for hull/deck) is there enough strenth in the mounts to allow for a multiple ski line hookup from the tower ?
My guys love to gang ski. Will the tower and mounts stand up to the pressures of four or five adult skiers coming out of the water. This is one of the primary reasons for getting a tower .With this setup we don't decapitate passengers in the rear seat:)

Any thoughts?

chrisk
09-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I've pulled 4 people out of the water with my Aerial tower before. I wouldn't do a whole lot of side to side action or turning when you have that many people riding but it can definitely be done. When I installed mine I put 3/8" aluminum backing plates underneath the front feat (on the under side of the deck) so that when the tower is pulled on the surface area is spread out as it pulls up on the deck, if that makes sense.

HarryM
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks Chris

That makes real good sense and its pretty much what I was thinking

Blackntan90
09-06-2012, 03:25 PM
When I installed my tower, I also put in the backing plates that were supplied with it, but on the rear mounts only. On the front mounts I had room for much larger plates- so that is what I did, and they are radiused at all edges to (hopefully) keep the deck from spiderwebbing or cracking altogether. Hope this helps!