PDA

View Full Version : Wetsounds speaker mount for PRO 80 series

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
09-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I recently bought a a pair of Rev8 speakers, they come with new universal clamp which wires run though, these clamps are supposed to fit every tower
but they do not fit mine.They will clamp down to 1.71 inch but my tower tubing is 1.65.Also you have to drill out tubing with 7/16 hole to allow for wiring.
I am not happy with these clamps and have managed to find older style clamps off of PRO80 speakers, these clamps have very nice inserts made out of plastic and rubber to fit my tower perfectly. Unfortunately I am missing one piece that bolts unto speaker so I am hoping someone with Pro80 speakers might have this part laying around as some towers do not use tubing and hard mount clamps are used. Here is a picture of part that I need. Once I find this part then I can order wiring retro kit for speakers. These clamps sell for 199.00 a pair so it would be nice to find missing piece.

Wylietunes
09-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Ive dealt with this before and solved it using the rubber clamp insert that was part of a universal tower clamp set. It worked well and was not noticeable. Have you spoke with your Wet sounds dealer/installer or Wet Sounds directly? I would make every effort to make the TC3-FC clamp that cam with the Rev-8 work for you. In order to switch to the TC-2 that you now have part of, you will need two sets of the Speakon connectors. The female side for each pod and the male side for the tower wire side.

If im not mistaken, you will actually need the base for the TC-2-6 that would fit the old Pro-60 pod, since thats what the Rev-8 pod is based off of. As another option, the old Pro-60 universal clamp is still available I believe.

Gettin'It
09-25-2012, 09:15 PM
^^^^^Trust this guy!!!! Mike is the man! I need you to put together a package for me when your back in town tomorrow!!

jonyb
09-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Ditto on what Michael said, call Wet Sounds if you need more options or parts. 1-877-WET-SPKR

Wylietunes
09-28-2012, 02:20 PM
^^^^^Trust this guy!!!! Mike is the man! I need you to put together a package for me when your back in town tomorrow!!

Thanks for the plug! Congrats on the new boat.

Im back in town so give me a shout and we can get your center ballast worked out and a new system put together.