PDA

View Full Version : What would be leaking from here???

jasun
09-08-2012, 01:31 PM
This is just infront of the Engine on the passenger side. There are 2 Empty Screw holes and one drips when the boat is not running and flows constantly when the boat is running....

Any thoughts? it looks to me like it just into a stringer but where would the water be coming from?

I looked at the hull when it was on the trailer and the hull looks great....??

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad38/jasunderland/waterleak.jpg

Supra-in-steamboat
09-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Could be a few things. Possibly coming from as far back as the exhaust seals on the back of the boat, but i would be more concerned as to where the water is going other than just your bilge. Have a look at the leak after the boat has sat out of the water for a day or so. Is the leak clear water, or funky? That glue in the pic does not look factory as as well. Is there a soft spot on the floor near the observers seat?

jasun
09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Water is clear as it come out of the hole. The stringer therenis pretty soft but the motor mounts going back are still seated solid. No soft spot on the floor though. Should I drill a hole there so if there is water coming it it just doesn't sit in there until I can find the leak.
There is about 1 week left for me before it comes out for the season and I can try to find the leak.

Any suggestions??

Supra-in-steamboat
09-09-2012, 09:16 AM
I have seen holes bored into the stringer in about that same spot, one under the engine, one all the way aft, but i would not recommend it. The boats I saw this on were 86,87...the holes made me pass on even test driving the boat. A small pilot hole may me in order, but the leak could be far away from that location and the water is traveling to a hole in the glass, the area you circled in your pic. There are tons of rebuild threads on here, find one that fits your boat and read up on whats underneath the floor. For the time being unless your planning a redo from the waist down, I would use a sharpie to mark your motor mounts (all of them) and try to keep your boat as dry as possible when not in use. Good luck.

DAFF
09-10-2012, 09:32 PM
From the factory Supra used some srews and metal loops to hold fuel lines and various electricial thing to the stringer. More then likely these are the remnants to this. The fluid is simpily water which has infiltrated between the stringer and the glass wrap. By the pics there has been a small repair in the past. My gut is saying stringers might be in the near future. Once the water gets in it is just a mater of time....

The best thing is to keep everything as dry as possible as SIS above stated. After use leave the doghouse opened and other seating areas open in the sun to help in the evapouration process.