PDA

View Full Version : 20ssv surf wake

Jonboy
09-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Bought 20ssv for versatility as we slalom and barefoot. Barefootin' is a stretch for a 200lb guy as it is tached out. Wakesurfing is a blast but have had trouble dialing it in consistently. Is putting 750's in the lockers going to help the wake. My 100lb son can surf it with no ballast in the boat, my 115lb wife was going the first try but can't seem to find the pocket again. We are still new to this, have put 22hrs on the boat. Anyone have any suggestions other than me dieting? I just ran a marathon on Sunday so I don't feel I have alot of extra ballast to lose. ha ha

Swamplandkarl
09-11-2012, 03:17 PM
yes that's what you need to make a good wave...I have them in mine and now have a really nice surf wave..

my set up..
750lb in one side or the other
400lb in center locker
trim tab in the middle
10.6 - 10.8 MPH
we normally have 3-4 people in the boat and move them to the surf side with one in the front bow area

Hope this helps,

wotan2525
09-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Also -- full tank of gas!

A different prop should also be able to get you footin.

CornRickey
09-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm 230 and run 750lb the rear surf side locker, 400lb factory behind drivers seat, old 600lb ontop of that. 1180lb filled up to about 900 in the front compartment. It's not over doing it for me, I have to watch were I go on the wake but technique is really important with is larger surfers. Wake is about waist high. Rubrail is about 2 inches above the water at standstill waterline is up to the vent while under way. I have my PP at 11.2-11.5. My speedos are off by about 1mph and I would bet most others are also so messing with the speed is needed.

kevkev
09-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Bought 20ssv for versatility as we slalom and barefoot. Barefootin' is a stretch for a 200lb guy as it is tached out. Wakesurfing is a blast but have had trouble dialing it in consistently. Is putting 750's in the lockers going to help the wake. My 100lb son can surf it with no ballast in the boat, my 115lb wife was going the first try but can't seem to find the pocket again. We are still new to this, have put 22hrs on the boat. Anyone have any suggestions other than me dieting? I just ran a marathon on Sunday so I don't feel I have alot of extra ballast to lose. ha ha

I have an 07 20ssv that we bought earlier this year. We use ours for surfing / wakeboarding so I can't offer any insight on barefoot. I was able to surf no problem with just the stock ballast 400# in surf side and center locker and just my wife 110lbs driving the boat (I am also 6'3" & 210). However after having some friends act as mobile ballast and seeing the difference in the wave but not always having willing candidates to go play, I purchased an 1100# bag to put in the surf side locker. I went out with it for the first time last weekend and wow it makes an awesome difference. I have posted a picture of our wave with stock ballast here https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?11471-2007-20SSV-Surf-wake. I wish I had taken a picture of the wave now with the new bag but I was too busy surfing all day. The next thing I am going to try is to put my old 400# bag up in the bow to see if that helps or hurts the pocket.