PDA

View Full Version : First Ride behind the Saltare

jasun
09-13-2012, 09:09 AM
I got the boat about a week ago, but due to issues with the carb (though they are still not fixed) hadn't been able to get out. I set the idle speed high so it wouldn't die and took it out one and only time before I took it out of the water last night.

i have to say that I loved it! the wake was insane! I had been wake boarding behind a 16' 1971 glastron before and it was alot of fun, this thing was worlds different! I bought a ski pylong from KIP but didnt put it up yesterday because i didnt want to push my luck... I was just happy it ran good...

Definatly needs the steering replaced and the carb fixed... it sucks at the high idle putting it into gear... and needing 2 hands to steer it was very inconvenient when trying to work the throttle as well. I only took a little water over the nose one time :eek:

we had 9 people out with us and the boat did good..
here is about the only pic we took of it. We had the rope hooked to the tow hook on the back of the boat:

Now the only problem is waiting until next year to take it out!

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad38/jasunderland/381303_4286977306071_878452279_n.jpg

Kip
09-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey Jasun

Glad you were able to get your new boat out before the end of the season. Now you get to start planning your winter projects:)

jasun
09-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks Kip. and thanks for the pylon... I was too afraid to jinx myself by putting it up! lol

ive got plenty of the winter projects!

It is at Larry's Canvas right now getting a tarp made for it.

Steering
Carb (decide to either rebuild the Holley or replace with an Eldelbrock)
Figure out if the exhaust has a leak or the swim platform
Get the speedo's to work
Get all of the lights to work
grease the rudder
oil change
wet sand the hull
new Radio
good cleaning
fix some odds and ends...

Now that I have it written out, it seems like a PITA... lol

TitanTn
09-14-2012, 09:06 PM
All I can promise is that the list will grow...

But honestly, as long as it's not robbing my pocketbook all the time, I enjoy the maintenance.

Jetlink
09-14-2012, 10:31 PM
All I can promise is that the list will grow...

But honestly, as long as it's not robbing my pocketbook all the time, I enjoy the maintenance.

Especially when you get to assume a supervisory role right? :D

TitanTn
09-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Especially when you get to assume a supervisory role right? :D

Ha ha! Hey, I think I was sweating more than anyone!