PDA

View Full Version : comp t6m side windows and knobs

layne
09-16-2012, 05:19 AM
does anyone know where I can buy a passenger side vent window and knobs for my 1989 comp skier t6m?

crystal waters
09-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I assume you are looking for the style of side window that swings outwards, hinged at the back?
There have been a few posts on this in the recent past--same request.
Seems not much luck finding OEM pieces unless you can find someone parting out their old boat.
A few have made a template and gotten one made from plexiglass but the hinges, knobs remain a problem.
I recall one individual said he simply sealed his plexiglass piece into place and it no longer can swing out as a result!
Suggest you first try a parting out scenario
Look in the classifieds here as I believe there is an ad re parting out and parts available although not sure it includes your style of window.
good luck.

kriley
09-18-2012, 10:39 AM
I have the same issue and the dealer found the replacements but with a price tag of $500.00. i did find a place in louisiana that made
them that is listed on an earlier forum. i did cut plexiglass and put in the side and as the above said it will not move in or out. i plan to replace this winter if i can find the replacement cheaper than $500.00.....

Hagman
09-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I have a set for my 86 comp. I got them as a up grade. And took them off. Make me a offer.

kriley
09-19-2012, 10:34 AM
hagman - i sent you an email...