PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all!

Gettin'It
09-22-2012, 07:55 PM
New member here. My name is Kory and I just bought a 02' Supra 21ssv. I still have a 91 Malibu Sunsetter I am now trying to sell. LOL!

I have a few newbie questions if you can help me.

Of the research I've done the best upgrade to the factory ballast system would be eliminating the one pump and valve sytem and switching to 3 individual pumps, correct? What's the best company for this?

The back supra graphic is messed up and I hate the graphics on the side of the boat, I would like to replace the back one and upgrade the sides to the SUPRA logo on the new 22V. Where would I purchase these from?

I have an older style bimini top with the tie downs, I'd much rather have one like the newer style flat ones. Is that possible to do? (Probably not, and stupidest question of the lot....)

ALSO, are there any other good SUPRA only forums online?? Unfortuneately, I have to say my old community, themalibucrew.com makes this one look very small. There has to be more supra owners out there!

supraaddict
09-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Answer to your 1st question:
Yes a 3 pump system is a good upgrade to your ballast system.
Check out wakemakers.com for upgrades.
Jason @ wakemakers is on this forum. Member name is jasonwm.

2nd answer is the new supra letters can be found at viper customs. Or at your local supra dealer.

3rd answer is there are aftermarket tower manufacturers that make a top that will fit your tower, Monster Tower medium size bimini tops have been known to fit some supra towers. Or you could get a Z5 cargo top.

4th answer, well that would be personal preference. I like this forum because it is no BS, most questions and research will return positive results. This forum is kept clean and positive. I actually prefer it over any other wakeboarding/boat forum. Sometimes it's nice to be smaller.

docdrs
09-23-2012, 10:35 AM
The moomba forum is a little bigger and you will find great mods on what you want to do in the how to section.

Gettin'It
09-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys!! The moomba forum is just www.moomba.com/msgboard? Would Viper Customs be cheaper than a supra dealer for the decals?

supraaddict
09-24-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm not sure what his prices are on the whole set for both sides.

Diggs
09-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Pics of the new ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gettin'It
09-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Ok, I'll try and get some up. I have them on my phone, but am only online here at work. I can't upload anything. I already did my first mod after owning it 1 day! 5% windsheild tint! Looks awesome!

Wylietunes
09-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Eliminating the valves is definitely the way to do it right. We need to get your boat to the shop and go through the ballast and stereo and work you up a complete plan of attack.