PDA

View Full Version : Monster Tower

jasun
09-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Does anyone use or have installed? Looking at towers and they seem to be the most "cost effective" ones out there. Im looking for one that will collapse down as we have a low bridge to go under.

Any thoughts on them???

chrisk
09-26-2012, 02:48 PM
PM this guy about them, he'll rave about them: https://forum.supraboats.com/member.php?6737-87SunSportMikeyD

Jetlink
09-26-2012, 04:14 PM
My boat had a monster tower MT1 I believe on it when I bought it. It is probably not my first choice of tower however the boat was so I have dealt with it thus far. I have never had a need to fold it down so I can't speak for the ease of that process. One of my complaints is that I have to tighten the nuts and bolts throughout the season depending on how much hard wakeboarding we do. Last year my brother ended up shearing one of the bolts in the tower that gives it rigidity so I am in the process of fixing that one. Customer service is great though and they are very prompt in responding at least when I have had to deal with them.

wotan2525
09-26-2012, 04:31 PM
I do not have the tower but I have several other monster products. They earned a customer for life when I posted on another board that I needed a source for bungies for a non-monster rack and they PM'd me and sent me out a box full of them + t-shirts + can coozies.

Blackntan90
09-26-2012, 05:35 PM
I have one on my 90 Mariah, pretty easy to put up/down- but get someone to help as it can 'get away' from you and crash into the rear seat. You need to be careful of the front legs when lowering/raising because of the windshield. I bought mine because of the price, wish I had held out for the Titan-1 pin and it comes down, and none of the bolts that I have to keep re-tightening- customer service is good however.

BigCity444
09-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Your going to find many reviews on this site about Monster Towers and what I have to say is just as complimentary as anyone else.

I leave mine up all the time, In the spring I do a double check of the boats that were locked-tite d, then turn the dials that come off when you would take the tower down. During the season if I turn them to tight more then once every 3 trips out would be an exaggeration. They hold much better then I expected. I have the cargo carrier, hands down my best addition to the boat and its quiet, folds down easy & provides extra carry room with some shade.

SquamInboards
02-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Resurrecting this thread with a question for BigCity444 - You have a similar boat to mine and I'm looking at a monster tower as well. I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind:
You have the MT2, right?
How is the height under the bimini/cargo rack?
What do you do with the bimini when you fold the tower? Could it stay on and just lay flat?
Which size bimini did you get (they offer two sizes, 48" wide and 60" wide)?

Thanks!

James
02-21-2013, 10:30 PM
I installed one mt2 monster tower on my first boat and my second boat had one already installed. I absolutely love them and their customer service is awesome. Only problem I ever had was that I got black and the paint would chip frequently because I have to fold it up after every use to fit in the garage. They told me what paint to use to repaint the chipped sections but I never did because I was worried about how it would look. It was super easy to install, make sure you have access the inside of the boat where the backing plates go before you drill holes. My installation only took about 3 hours with 2 people. I also had a monster Bimini and I could never figure out how to get it to fold down with the tower. Also the Bimini was sometimes was a pain to put on because of my speakers... But I still have the problem in my launch so I guess it's pretty common.

SquamInboards
02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm getting the impression the bimini will have to come off. I don't have to go in a garage, but I will probably be racking it at work and our rack building has about a 7' clearance. No other boat we have will fit in the rack with a tower up, so I'm guessing mine won't either.

I called and asked them about folding it with the bimini rear mount points still attached, and they didn't know if it would be possible, but "take pictures and let us know if you figure it out" haha.

We just became a dealer for Monster so I'm thinking if I have one myself, I'll get real hands-on experience and be better able to help others decide if it's something they should install on their own boats. Also I now have a baby in the boat so I need a bimini, and the fly high doesn't play well with a low bimini.