PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Launch swim Platform?

H20punk
10-03-2005, 03:32 PM
On the 2005 Launch swim platform is there anyone else having a black substance from the top side come off on the bottom of your feet or on your boardshorts once you get in the boat from boarding?

It's getting real old tracking this black smut all in your new boat!

Punk

nani
10-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I do too. Every couple of weeks I just scrub the platform with a hard brush...seems to be ok after that for a bit....

H20punk
10-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks!
I was checking to see if I was the only one having this issue along with some others.

My list is too long to put in here!

Punk

jdaugherty5
10-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Our SSV has to have the swim platform cleaned once a season, we don’t put a lot of hours on the boat. However in our case I don't believe it is the black material being cleaned away, for us the black stuff coming of the swim platform is more then likely emissions from the engine, road grime, air pollution, etc. This black material likes to attract dirt and hold onto it and even water flowing over the platform does not clean it off. It takes a good scrubbing with a good grease cutting soap to clean the swim platform, at least in our case.

H20punk
10-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Mine is in the water 4-5 days a week, so it's getting used and cleaned, but it's just another pain Im having to deal with with a new boat! shouldnt have this many issues with the amount of money I paid!

Punk

nani
10-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah I live on the water so the dirt builds up….Before I had a lift it was pretty bad, but now I have a lift so that helps out.

Just curious…would you might posting your list of problems? Or send me a private message if you don’t feel like posting…

I just want to see how other owners’ lists stacks up to mine. :)

H20punk
10-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Here ya go:

Pivot board racks buttons fell out.
board rack replaced, straps upside down, buttons push in but racks wont swivel.
Supra keeps sending me the wrong Bimini boot.
Kenwood speakers keep blowing.

After I had my boat for 2 weeks someone thought they needed all my stereo equipment and toys. They cut up my seats and my boat cover and stole every speaker and the deck. So my local dealer has been working their butts off to get all my issues resolved all has been done but the replacment off my seats. Supra is telling my dealer that I wont get them until Supra runs my colors, thats fine I understand that but they are now pumping out the 06 so im kinda worried if I will ever get my seats that I have PAID for!

Front seat backs came un screwed.
Front speaker boxes in the playpin were scratched (since replaced )
rear platform rattles BAD when boat sits in idel.

This is just to name a few!

Punk

jflock2
10-11-2005, 05:57 PM
BOAT =

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

There was a post on here from a guy that had replacement pads for the platform. The material he hed was better, more durable, and not that expensive...do a search, you should find it...

Diggs
10-12-2005, 09:00 PM
your boat probs don't sound so bad..... maybe just me, but I have heard of a lot worse. Sucks about your boat getting broken into and torn up. I am just waiting for the day and will kill the little f****r. Sorry to hear that. Anyway:
-My experience says the swim platform will rattle when it is in idle and sitting right on the surface of the water. Totally normal unless it is more than normal I don't know. Besides you should be weighting it down and getting that platform under water
-Roswell has a kit that they are sending out to anyone with 05' board racks and the swivel problems. They have fixed it for 06' and are not charging anyone with the 05'. Call them or email them and get on the list. They have been great about it so far.

BrazosLaunch
10-13-2005, 03:42 PM
My 03 Launch has the same problem (giving me 'tar foot'). Any solution other than having to scrub every so often?

H20punk
10-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by diggs

your boat probs don't sound so bad..... maybe just me, but I have heard of a lot worse. Sucks about your boat getting broken into and torn up. I am just waiting for the day and will kill the little f****r. Sorry to hear that. Anyway:
-My experience says the swim platform will rattle when it is in idle and sitting right on the surface of the water. Totally normal unless it is more than normal I don't know. Besides you should be weighting it down and getting that platform under water
-Roswell has a kit that they are sending out to anyone with 05' board racks and the swivel problems. They have fixed it for 06' and are not charging anyone with the 05'. Call them or email them and get on the list. They have been great about it so far.

You're right! They dont sound that bad! BUT, when your boat is spending more time at the dealership getting worked on than more time you have owned it, it tends to get a little old!
I didnt buy this boat to sit at the dealership for repairs, now if they would like to pay my monthly storage fee I would be more than happy!

frustrated!
Punk

delbert
10-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Are you getting an all new interior. If so maybe you can get the 2006 vinyl out of the deal.

H20punk
10-17-2005, 06:21 PM
The only seats that were really cut up was the back bench seat, seat cushion and back cushion. Thats why I dont understand why it's taking so long.

Punk

IndyMatt
10-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Did Skiers choice change interior vinyl colors in the 2006 line?? I wouldnt think it would take that long to come across another order that used your color combination. Would you be better off calling and just saying forget the accent and just do the seat in the base? Its been my experience that in matters of vinyl work, often its better just to find someone local who can match the vinyl for you. Or just order the raw skins from skiers choice.

H20punk
10-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Good News and bad!

Seats arrived @ the dealer!

Box and seats were destroyed!

So, here we go again!

Another 4 months waiting!

Excuse I got this morning from Skiers Choice was the foam company had sent the the wrong foam 4 times! Hmmmm! Wonder if it's the same company that has been sending me the wrong Bimini boot 4 times now?

Kinda makes you wonder if the left hand knows what the right hand is doing!

delbert
10-21-2005, 11:07 AM
IndyMatt,

From pictures, the 2006 vinyl for SC has a texture to it (similar or same as 2005 Mastercraft Vinyl). Not sure if colors changed but due to texture it would not match 2005 vinyl.

IndyMatt
10-21-2005, 03:48 PM
OIC... didnt know that. My father had the inside of his Tige 21V redone last winter. Just took the old cushions (all the horizontal cushions were breaking down) to a local guy who was able to match from a sample book. Did a great job, even with new vinyl next to old, cant hardly tell a difference. Might be a 'faster' resolve than waiting on SC. Or maybe contact G&T Vinyl directly for the skins and have a local shop put them on. As for the "tar" comming from the swim platform pads... I use 303 on the pad surface every month or so & its never been a problem. Just be careful because the first day you have it wet, it is very slippery!!