PDA

View Full Version : EZ Ski Kids Trainer -WTB and Looking for Reviews

jzelt
10-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Looking to purchase the EZ Ski Kids Trainer or something similar.
Has anyone purchased one and what are your thoughts? (Ease of use, how old was your child).

He loves tubing this past summer.

http://www.waterskis.com/EZ-Ski-Kids-Trainer-p/ez_ski_trainer.htm

If you have one or know one for sale, we would be interested.

kriley
10-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I bought one for my youngest kid - 6 years old - He loves it. Only issue I have is room for it in the boat. He loves tubing as well and this has helped him learn to stand and balance. I bought the training skis and he did not like them at all!!.

matt k
10-04-2012, 04:34 PM
not that this is all that helpful, but when we were kids we tried some trainer skis, and stuff like that, and had a hell of a time with it. Eventually we just put on a couple pairs of socks and tried with the full sized skis. We were wobbly, but had a much better time. This was probably around the age of 8-10 though, if your kid is younger maybe a trainer makes more sense.

Jetlink
10-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Jzelt, I would actually look at trying something more like this... http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Gladiator-Ski-Trainer&i=14135&aID=600A1&merchID=4006

We have used this to get all my cousins and all sorts of other smaller kids up water skiing. Works like a charm, shallow water, have them stand in the bindings, adjust the rope length so that you basically form a triangle between their arms, torso/legs and the ski. You can literally have them stand in about 6 inches of water or less and pop them right out. I have a rather lengthy video of my most recent cousin trying it out for the first time. I'll include the link just so you can see how simple it is.

http://youtu.be/Hst8nxLl8ck

jzelt
10-05-2012, 09:21 AM
We are anticipating using this for when he is 2-4, then I could see him going to something like yours jetlink. (sound about the right age group for both?)
Video is marked private, so can't view it.
He is 1 now and loves tubing with mom. (bounces in it if we aren't idling over someone's wake).

crystal waters
10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
this looks like an awesome training device for the young ones. Have 4 grandkids up and coming and this looks like the answer.
Thx for the lead!

Jetlink
10-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Jzelt, sorry about the video link, I fixed it. For the cost and the ease of use, I think the link I sent above will work best. The youngest kid we have had up skiing on that was two and a half years old. They say there is an upper limit weight wise, I think it's 80-85lbs but we have been able to still get a 90 lb kid up on it that was a bit "late" to the skiing thing. With the younger/lighter kids, you can almost idle them around on this ski. I usually put them on it, attach a short rope like just a handle and run along the shore a few times so they get the hang of it and I can see if I need to make any adjustments before transitioning to the boat.

jonyb
10-06-2012, 02:24 PM
I've got a set of training ski's that have never been used. The small ones with ropes connecting each ski and the tow rope connected.

gmarkham1
10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I have an EZ ski and it works great. I am actually looking to unload it this year, as I think my kids have moved past it! Shoot me a message if your interested in a used one!

kvand347
10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I have an EZ ski and it works great. I am actually looking to unload it this year, as I think my kids have moved past it! Shoot me a message if your interested in a used one!

Obviously jzelt gets first dibs, but if he decides against yours I may be interested.

jzelt
10-09-2012, 09:25 AM
gmarkham1- Thanks for the offer. I already have a lead on another one prior to this, so as far as I am concerned it is available to everyone else.

kvand347
10-09-2012, 12:41 PM
gmarkham1--PM me a price for yours. Thanks!