PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done a custom dash on there older supra? If so Wh

SupraComp
10-06-2005, 07:21 PM
The fabric is shot on mine and I have it down to the wood frame, now what? Any ideas to make it look a bit different than stock? I have the gauges out and everything

99 LAUNCH
10-06-2005, 09:42 PM
My boat is a newer model but I know what dash you are talking about. I would try to make it out of 1/4 inch thick aluminum. You can use the wood for a patern. With that you could paint , powdercoat , anadize. All you need is a jigsaw,stedyhand,and some extra time. I've made some cool stuff for my boat out of aluminum and diamond plate. It's just away to make mine a little different from every one else. People have asked where I bought a couple of my items. The disapointment on their faces when I tell them I made it is priceless!!!! Hope this gives you some ideas. GOOD LUCK !

bpskis
10-06-2005, 10:15 PM
99 launch, lets see some pictures of these modifications, sounds interesting.

99 LAUNCH
10-06-2005, 10:42 PM
I will post some pic's soon!! I will need help on the posting part of it. I'm not the best with computers. You know the ones that hunt and peck when typing that's me. I will try to pull it out this weekend and shoot some pic's. I made the access cover at the bow out of 1/4 diamond plate insted of the original plastic one . The air vents by the wind shield out of 1/8 aluminum and then polished them.