PDA

View Full Version : carb floods after driving very far

matt
10-10-2005, 04:10 PM
after turning off carb still drips gas into engine have had it rebuilt 3 times still the same. in knoxville any ideas of a good carb man to fix right?

Salty87
10-11-2005, 11:06 AM
have you thought about replacing it? i've told this story here before but my holley started doing that so i switched to a new edelbrock rather than putting money into my 17 year old or so relic.

if you think about going edelbrock, it was easy. bolt up the carb, attach the choke wires, and run a new fuel line.

99 LAUNCH
10-11-2005, 06:18 PM
I agree just replace it. I perfer Holley over Edelbrock. Most people don't like holley because they don't know how to tune one. Either way a couple of hundred dollars and a new carb problem solved. Small price to pay knowing you won't be stuck out in the water.

hill9303
11-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I did the same thing with the needle and seats with my 86. I dont know what the deal is, but I ended up putting an edlebrock on it. I have been completely happy with it. My dad jut put two on his chris-craft too and they run like champs.

wpg89supra
11-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Had the same problem with my 89 combrio with 351 and holley, figured out the secondary float was set too high, adjusted it down to +/- 1/4" above the bottom of the bowl and it has been fine ever since.

11-25-2005, 09:41 PM
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 86 COMP, I AM A FORD TECHNICIAN, SO I
REBUILT IT, (HOLLEY), IT STILL LEAKED. I FOUND THAT THE METERING PLATE WAS
WARPED. I ENDED UP REPLACING IT WITH A NEW HOLLEY. WORKED FINE.

11-25-2005, 09:42 PM
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 86 COMP, I AM A FORD TECHNICIAN, SO I
REBUILT IT, (HOLLEY), IT STILL LEAKED. I FOUND THAT THE METERING PLATE WAS
WARPED. I ENDED UP REPLACING IT WITH A NEW HOLLEY. WORKED FINE.

OUI
11-26-2005, 02:48 PM
It sounds like a float problem. Check to see if it's dripping from the primary or secondary bowl. Pull the bowl, turn it upside down and make sure the top of the float is parallel to the floor of the bowl. If that doesn't work then the float valve is probably bad. Stick with the Holley it's a better carb.