PDA

View Full Version : 89 conbrio classic

wpg89supra
10-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey
I bought an 89 conbrio classic does anyone have the same boat?
I had it in the water a couple of times awesome.
How much weight can i add to it for wake boarding?
Is it a good idea to switch to electronic ignition?

1988comp
10-12-2005, 02:36 AM
Your boat is the same as mine except you have an open bow (way better). You can use a twin-waterbed mattress and the biggest pump you can get. I just use a power inverter off of the battery (to 120v) and run a normal waterbed pump to fill the mattress. You can also just use lots of people.

These boats can almost always be restored to near-new looking condition.

1988comp
10-12-2005, 02:41 AM
Also, I was going to change to a pertronix ignition, but mine runs fine with points until I can find a cheap MSD ignition.

You will not see a performance change with electronic ignition until you go to an MSD, even a mallory solid-state system, will not increase performance, only reliability.

If you keep a set of points, and a condenser in your boat, you can alsway fix it and make it work, which is not always true with electronic.

I don't know if you are at altitude or not, but try a small diameter, high pitch prop with that boat, I put a 12x16 RonHill racing prop on my boat just to see what happened, and it is AWESOME. 46mph top speed and able to pull out 4-skiers no problem.

Also, even though the wake plate seems like it doesn't adjust much, it actually does, try to make the legs as long as possible for wakeboard wakes.

wpg89supra
10-13-2005, 10:35 PM
DOES ANYONE HAVE PICTURES OF THEIR BOAT

wpg89supra
10-19-2005, 08:17 PM
I want to do some work on the interior. The engine cover has the hinges attached to the floor, but it looks like the original hinges were attached to section 6" above the floor. Can anyone with the same style of boat attach some pictures that show this set up?