PDA

View Full Version : hyd. wake plate

texas
04-28-2002, 12:28 AM
Can I have a Hyd. wake plate added to my 98 sunsport. And about what would the cost be if any body knows. thxs

dmgx
04-29-2002, 08:45 AM
You can add the wakeplate, but it is not an easy task. There is a lot a drilling into the transom. I have done this here at the factory and it took myself and another technician 7 hours and we had access to all the equipment here. In short I wouldn't reccomend adding it, because it will add up to way over $1,500 to install. Jay Warren

texas
04-29-2002, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the information. I do think I'll skip adding that on.
I just replaced my windshield with the Taylor made brand, man what a difference. The old windshield doesn't even compare even in styling. Love it

How often should you replace the fuel filter on the GT40. I have about 170 hours on it.

P.S. everybody needs to check there pick up hose I found mine getting cut by the I.D. PLATE on the transmission. SUNSPORT 98'

gm
03-08-2003, 10:19 PM
i bought 89 comp last summer. it has the manual cavitation plate now. just found a used hydraulic plate to replace it. in the process of finding the used one priced new ones. they are around 780.00 not sure if same one will fit on your boat or not. in talking to tech did not sound like it was as much trouble as above message indicates. will it take time? yes, but i am not afraid of doing it myself. will probably have to make several calls to tech support but i think it will be worth it since one of my boys wakeboards and the other wants to slalom. i have adjusted the manual one in the water once and that was enough.