PDA

View Full Version : Hibernation

kvand347
10-22-2012, 12:33 PM
I sadly put the boat in storage yesterday. Ran it on the river for about a half hour in 60* weather to warm up the oil and get the treated gas in the carb. Just curious to see who all is feeling my pain...:sad:

Jetlink
10-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Been shut down for the winter since September 29th, taking it to storage in a few weeks and won't see it again until April. Winter can be fun though as I have a list of things that need attention/replacing so I start to stockpile parts for the spring time when the boat comes back home.

haugy
10-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Did mine yesterday, 78 degrees was too tempting not to run. But I know it won't last.

wotan2525
10-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Winterized and stored mine on Saturday. Feel good as I've never winterized it when it wasn't an emergency and/or I had to knock snow off the cover to get to it.

kvand347
10-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Ben--I wish that were the case for me...not that mine doesn't need anything...just need to focus the money on the boat payments instead of the boat toys. Eventually I will get there.

Haugy--78 and winterized? I'd be out boarding yet!

Wotan--I was worried about that this year, but the weather held off and I couldn't pass up such a beautiful day yesterday to get it out.

Blackntan90
10-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Work is going gangbusters, I knew this would happen so I winterized a bit early, though I did not want to. We did manage a day out beforehand, and it was gray and stormy looking skies- until we hit the trailer and started to pull all the stuff out of the boat, then it got sunny and nice. Figures the weatherman would get it backwards! I did manage to buy a set of O'brien trick skis off craigslist for $5 last week, now I can't wait for spring to try them out! A great deal I think as they look to be in great shape!

Blackntan90
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
A 11394pic of the skiis

gogger
10-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Need to get mine winterized. Might try to run it to the lake tomorrow for the final run of the year. That would be great. Then taking it south for some work.

jasun
10-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Even though it is done for the summer it is just starting for the winter.... I'm gutting her and making her new again. Not going to rebuild the engine just yet but she getting new bones. Wish me luck!!!

kvand347
10-23-2012, 11:03 AM
I almost forgot, I just got a Hyperlite Coex from a friend. I'm dying to try it out and see how much different the short board is compared to my Broadcast. I want to beat Wotan to the first 3!! :D

jzelt
10-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Been w-ized since Sept 21. Too many things going on every weekend since then. (about 3 weeks before we typically do). but with a young'in, we weren't going to be out much more anyways like when it was just the 2 of us.

wotan2525
10-23-2012, 02:40 PM
I want to beat Wotan to the first 3!! :D

I got mine this year!

Ahem.... once. On my first day out. Another 500 trys and I wasn't able to get another one. :(

supraaddict
10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
I will be feeling your pain next weekend, taking the 04 out one more time running some fuel stabilizer, going to winterize,stick it in the storage warehouse, and tender the batteries...sad but true :(

kvand347
10-24-2012, 09:06 AM
I got mine this year!

Ahem.... once. On my first day out. Another 500 trys and I wasn't able to get another one. :(

Dang it!!!! Since it's been 500 tries since it's like it never happened....right? :p

Just kidding! Nice work! I hope to get there this summer. Got the boat out a lot, but not much time spent boarding as my young family just wants to beach it and play in the sand...not to mention most of my friends have kids that are younger than mine so they usually can't go out. Hopefully next year will be different!

86 century
10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
It is a sad day I got hear the sweat rumble of the small block ford for the last time till spring.
I maybe a little silly but I like to let her set and run on the hose wile I do the year-end clean up and wax.

Am I the only one who is almost brought to tears hanging the boards in the wall rack for the long winters nap.
Could be that I'm turning into a wimp.

PabloPicante
10-24-2012, 10:21 PM
I sadly put the boat in storage yesterday. Ran it on the river for about a half hour in 60* weather to warm up the oil and get the treated gas in the carb. Just curious to see who all is feeling my pain...:sad:

Ugh, me and my wife just got done tarping up our boat as well... Not a fun feeling!!!