PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Wake plate

8509kmv
10-17-2005, 10:39 PM
I have just recently bought a 1985 sunsport. There is a plate on the back to adjust the wake size, but you have to turn the turnbuckles you really need to have the boat out of the water. I know that the new boats have hydrualic wake plates on them. I was wondering if there is one that i can put on my boat and where I can get one.

DKJBama92Mariah
10-18-2005, 10:29 PM
I have a '92 Mariah with the same manual plate. Bennett marine makes a product they call the X-22 wake tab. It is sold exclusively through Overtons.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=71185&fcat=

The tab sold there attaches to the back of the boat. If you email bennett, they will manufacture a new mount for you that mounts to the bottom of the boat in the place the manual one mounts. They will ship it to you separate from the kit and you just send the parts from the original kit back to them. The only thing you pay for is the return shipping. I went this route, but i havent gotten around to installing it yet; its a project for the winter.

Good luck.

Cheers,
DKJ