PDA

View Full Version : Fat Sac in Ski Locker

SupraSkier
10-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Hello,
I have a 91 Supra Impulse (same hull as comp). I am wondering if anyone has tried putting a fat sac in the ski locker behind the rear seat? The Locker is made out of plastic and doesn't appear to be supported in between it and the Gas tank. Has anyone tried putting 200-300 pounds in the locker?

Also, has anyone added an aftermarket hydrolic wake plate to their boat?

Thanks for your time.

Eric

Salty87
10-21-2005, 10:27 AM
i've done that with my saltare, somewhere around 250 lbs. you're correct that there's no support for that locker, just sits on the fiberglass lip so don't trash your stuff. i didn't like the effect on my wake, needed a bunch of weight up front to offset.

selle92
03-31-2006, 01:33 PM
cheap alternative to Fat sacs.

up here in MN they sell 40-70lb sandbags (for cars or trucks) to gain weight/traction in the snowy months.

they are long and skinny, but you could add one or two in the locker, then add one or two up front... get about 280lbs extra.

just a thought.

IndyMatt
04-03-2006, 03:05 PM
yeah... you could just probably get some old console televisions, you know... at a garage sale and wrap them in duck tape & flannel & pack them into your SKI locker... yeah that might do it (spit) yup...!!!

All redneckin aside... this has come up before and your right, in the older comp and Im sure your boat as well the ski locker is not supported from beneath. If you want some idea of the stability, try opening the cover and standing in it. I think you will agree after that little experiment that it wont support the weight. I agree with the other comment that it most likely wont give you a great improvement. The wake board boats combine ballast with hull displacement to create a large wake. The comp has a fantastick hull for skiing because its light and stays flat on the water, specifically to make less of a wake. As to the wake plate, of course you can install one, you may even want to consider a manual set one so you dont have to drill holes in your boat.... but once again... the reason there isnt a factory one there to begin with is the benefit vs cost issue.