PDA

View Full Version : Stopped in the middle of winterization - going to be 82 degrees tomorrow.

gogger
10-24-2012, 10:48 PM
We started changing the oil to begin the process and was just sitting in the boat while it drained. Started talking about how nice it was and it was going to be warmer tomorrow. Decided to halt the winterization and make a final run to the lake tomorrow. Internet says the water temp is 55 degrees. Will be kind of cold, but we will at least take a spin around the lake.

86 century
10-25-2012, 12:58 AM
That's just mean to all of us that have already put'em up for the year.

Have fun wish I could do the same

wotan2525
10-25-2012, 10:21 AM
I'd be in the water still at 55!

30 degrees and raining here today. Water temp is 43F. Looks like winterizing last week wasn't such a bad idea....

GRAY
10-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Water temp. here in Edmond Ok. is still above 65 but the dang wind has been blowing 15 to 25 for the last week. Temp. is going to start dropping soon hopefuly the wind will give us a break for a few more outings.

gogger
10-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Well the best laid plans of man.... I had it set up for the boys to bale a small field we mowed. Suprisingly it was dry. They were supposed to finish before I got off work and be hooked to the truck. But the college student couldn't get out of class. So we baled it when I got off work, and it was almost dark when we finished. So we missed the last chance of the year to take out the Pirata. High tomorrow is supposed to be 60. It was a bit windy today anyways, so we probably wouldn't have had the best water conditions. I ordered a wet suit that should be here in a day or two. Will be ready for April I guess.

scottieturnbull
10-25-2012, 09:46 PM
The only way i can justify the expensive boat is if we use it 8 months a year. So, we put it in st. patty's day and ride our final turn Thanksgiving.
We are making a run Saturday. It should be in the low 70's with water in the 60's.

We went out two weeks ago but the wind was brutal. Hopefully, we can get in some good runs as we start our tailgate for the worlds largest cocktail party. Hopefully, UGA won't blow it and ruin my perfect little Saturday.

gogger
10-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Well I plan on putting her back in as soon as possible. Hopefully sometime in april. Just depends on mother nature.