PDA

View Full Version : looking at a 1992 bravura

chevyluv
10-26-2012, 06:13 PM
well ive been looking at picking up a 1992 bravura with a ford 351 that needs a carb rebuild for 5000$ im just wondering what some opinions are on these boats and if this is a decent deal.

boat has been stored inside. and has just under 500 hours on the boat and the motor. the interior is in pretty good shape has 1 or 2 tears.

haugy
10-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Well if it's a 1992 model it should have a rounded windshield, if it does, it's a Composite boat which means no wooden floor or stringers. WHICH IS A BIG PLUS.

If it's got a segmented square glassed windshield, it's a wooden floor and stringers boat which means you have to be very careful about them.

Depending on that, you could have a helluva deal, or a possible big project on your hands. The Bravura is the closed bow version of the Mariah. It's about the midsized Supra, but lower to the water than the Sunsport. Great boats as I used to have a Mariah.

What are you wanting to use it for?

chevyluv
10-26-2012, 09:54 PM
2 peice with curved corners

wake boarding maybe surfing if possible and cruising. he is inculdeing 3 fat sacks with it and it has a 4 blade prop

always liked supras my favourite boat have always wanted one

one thing about it is it needs a windsheild the current owner removed it because he liked the windowless look then broke it with his lawnmower while stored.

whats it like to try and find a windsheild ?

86 century
10-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Our 90 has a good wake. We are happy with ours with 5 people and 1200# of ballast you really haft to watch what you do or the nose will dig pretty easy.
Ours likes a 50/50 split on the ballast if you make her to heavy in the rear the surf wake washes out real bad.

chevyluv
10-28-2012, 03:13 AM
well i go check the boat out tomorrow.
and find out what this cutting out issue is with the motor it just sounds like it was caused by letting it sit he let it sit in his garage all summer it could just be some moisture.

any last minute tips for things i should look for ?

it is definitely a composite boat it does have a curved window.