PDA

View Full Version : Frankenstorm

Blackntan90
10-27-2012, 07:13 AM
So I finally get a weekend off work, and this storm looks like it is headead right at us. Now I guess there is nothing much to do but make sure we have some supplies for when the power goes out, and be sure the cover is on the boat tight. Not sure what else I can do really...I was thinking of putting another tarp over top the cover, but I may need the tarps here just in case. We may go offline for awhile, see you on the other side!

86 century
10-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Good luck

I have a friend in Jersey that is puckered pretty hard watching the storm.

cadunkle
10-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Nothing to do but wait. I doubt it'll be that bad. Power will go out at some point, lots of trees and above ground lines. This is normal in storms. Biggest concern is flooding since the whole state is more or less at sea level. The state is also essentially an island, so no way out if the winds are as strong as they say, as the bridges will be closed. I'm not too worried, just gonna be boring without power potentially for a while.

wotan2525
10-29-2012, 11:12 AM
My friends in NYC are enjoying having the day off and enjoying meeting some of their neighbors at the local watering holes. Not much else to do right now!