PDA

View Full Version : Dash switch question?

jet
10-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Why do I have 2-switches that do the same thing?? The Nav-Court are on 2-switches that do the same thing?? Why not move them to one switch?

Jetlink
10-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Sounds like a previous owner messed around with the wiring at some point in time. Mine doesn't have a courtesy light switch, I use that space to run the breaker for my radio. Left to right, my right side panel is nav lights, anchor lights, interior lights, radio, horn and my accessory switch.

Wylietunes
10-29-2012, 02:09 PM
I agree with Jet, someone has been working in there. I would not want my courtesy lights in while I am underway with my Nav lights. Nor do you want to have the Nav lights on at anchor, which would signal another boat that you are underway.

haugy
10-29-2012, 03:28 PM
The courtesy light used to be used for that light under your front seating area. I know Comps had them, and my Mariah. Haven't found one in the Saltare yet.

It made finding things in storage in the dark so much easier. Looks like the PO played with the wiring.

Jetlink
10-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Seeing as how the only interior light in my comp is the one that Haugy is talking about and located under in the ski locker, that is what I have wired into my interior light switch breaker.

haugy
10-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Oh, that's right, I may have that backwards. The courtesy lights are the lights for guests while night riding, and the interior light is for under the ski locker.

I think your right Jet.

jet
10-30-2012, 10:32 AM
OK that helps. Im tracing the wires to unhook them from each other. Im doing all white leds on the interior switch and the all red leds on the acc switch. That way I have a choice of seeing while cleaning and packing up at the end of the night and then the red leds to look cool! lol