PDA

View Full Version : Heated inside storage???

DAFF
10-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Going to put the Supra away for the winter in the next few days. A fellow has a 50*50 storage facility which is heated where I am thinking on putting the boat into for the winter months. He is asking $90.00 per month. What do you think??? Till now I was goint to put it in the shop but I have a few larger projects on the go and the boat would have to be shrink wraped and fully winterized.

I like the keep it warm and dry thought. Expecially when it comes to spring and clean up.

Jetlink
10-30-2012, 12:51 AM
$90.00 times I am guessing 6 months, is $540.00, not bad considering that most places by me can't even quote you that low to have indoor storage that isn't climate controlled. Speaking of, even though it is climate controlled, I would still do a proper winterization on it for peace of mind in case the heat fails at any point in time this winter.

wotan2525
10-30-2012, 01:10 AM
You guys are nuts. I pay $200 to keep mine in a pole barn, on a slab. Not heated but for that price, how could it be?

Jetlink
10-30-2012, 04:02 AM
I only pay $250 for the season to store my boat indoor, not climate controlled so I'm not too far off your mark.

jasun
10-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Where I am at the local fair ground has indoor or outdoor storage. I would think as long as it is winterized properly, then there should not be any issues if you store it some place that is not climate controlled. Most places around here are 10bucks a foot to store it. The Fair Grounds is about that also. It is 9 bucks to shrink wrap so might was well pay the extra and just keep it inside.

haugy
10-30-2012, 09:47 AM
That's actually very good for climate controlled storage. As another said, do a full blown winterization on the boat in case of heat failure.

Make sure you cover your boat well, also look for any signs of rodents in the shop. They will have a field day with your boat. If you see signs of them, you may want to still shrink wrap them. Otherwise surround your trailer tires and jack with sticky traps/mouse traps. Stickys are a bit safer if you step on one. :)

crystal waters
10-30-2012, 11:42 AM
I store my inside a modern climate controlled facility for 125 a month.
I still winterize it etc just in case and ensure all possible openings are exposed and open to allow for ventilation, dryness etc.
Then I cover it with the mooring cover to ensure it stays clean and dust free!

kvand347
10-30-2012, 12:38 PM
I think if the money is not an issue, then go for it. Like others have said, winterize it like you normally would in case of a heating loss.

Since others have chimed in on their storage, mine is free...sort of. My friend has a pole building (unheated) with a dirt floor that the boat is stored in. Only thing he asks of me is to help him split and haul wood for a day or two. Great friend to have! :)

DKJBama92Mariah
10-30-2012, 02:20 PM
That's not a bad price at all for a climate controlled building. I pay $115 a month for a 10'x30' enclosed non-climate controlled unit.

matt k
11-01-2012, 01:00 AM
at the moment mine lives outdoors at a storage company, for $70 a month :|

I can store it at my fiancee's grandfather's place, outdoors, for free, but it's about 2 hours away, so I only want to do that in the winter.

supraaddict
11-01-2012, 04:02 PM
I would pay it! I pay $85 mo. for a 12x40 with 12' door with power, not climate controlled.