PDA

View Full Version : supra 22ssv

intowin1
10-31-2012, 02:52 PM
have 750lbs in rear surf side and front bag full, plate up. I seem to stay pretty washed out until I hit 13mph. Is this the normal speed and if not what are you guys doing to get a curl at lower speeds? I also played with the plate in all settings.

Finally my bags continued to fill after I turn the ballast off. Seems strange that all three bags want to fill, do you guys have this problem as well? Any solutions there?

Thanks

New to surfing trying to get it fine tuned prior to a surf party.

supraaddict
11-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Check out this video:
https://vimeo.com/48621249

I have a 2004 22SSV GG Edition and I use one rear bag, plate 3/4 up and set the speed for women at 10.5 and men depending on skill level will ride between 10.5 to 12 mph.

I do not fill the front bag but will put a lot of people on one side of the boat. If you want a deeper pocket on the wave, just move a few people up front.

If your bags are filling by themselves, check your sprinkler valves under the rear seat. There will be a very small lever on each valve that if open, will let the bags "Gravity" Feed. Just move the levers to closed position and problem should be resolved. Hope this helps!

supraaddict
11-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Found another video teaching me kids to surf:

http://vimeo.com/48784146

Surfing on the other side of the boat with only one rear bag, plate at 3/4 up, 10.5mph, and only two passengers on that side, nothing in the front. Not huge but still very easy to ride!

Graeme
11-01-2012, 06:16 PM
I have an '09 22 SSV.

I fill all my bags full, and just use the extra pax weight to switch from side to side, since I am goofy and most of my friends are regular. so 2x400 in the back and 650 up front. I have yet to put my removable bags from my old boat in.if so I would probably go middle of the boat lengthwise and on the surfside.

If anything I would take some weight out of the back, I find making the front bag full is the most important thing.

Plate seems best at 3/4 up.

Wake cleans up around 10.8. Most people surf at 11.2 or 11.4. When I get the boat really weighted, say 8+ people in the boat and bags full I like to take it up to 11.8. It's get tough to catch the wave(I never rope start) but super huge pocket and fun surfing.

intowin1
11-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the info guys, Hope to get out the Sat and see how it works out. Didnt know about the valve lever I am sure that is is. Thanks

CornRickey
11-07-2012, 12:37 AM
I run 750 on surf side rear, factory 400 rear bag on floor behind drivers seat, gg bag full up front, old fat sac usually 1/2 full on top of the 400. Plate 3/4 down at 11.3. I found my pp to be off by a lot when I got my boat and had to adjust it.

Bkrobz
11-10-2012, 03:44 AM
I like a steep wake and ride regular. I have 750 in locker then place a 400 portable on top (probably 1000lbs) nothing up front or starboard with the plate almost all the way up at 9.5 to 10 mph. I love my wake like this. Tons of push. If I want it longer I'll add a little weight up front and lower the trim to 3/4 which is great for beginners but tougher to stay on when slayshing.

On starboard (goofy) I'll go a little faster 10-10.5 with the plate up.

It really depends on what you like but I recommend only filling your rear surfside, put someone on top of the rear locker and another person in the rear seat then add a little weight up front if your pocket is too short. Good Luck.

The 22ssv definitely takes different weighting than other brands.

MJHKnox
07-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Bkrobz:

Are you using any center locker bag or bow bag with your setup?

I run the 2007 SSV with the 750s on one side, I do not have the portable bag on top.
But have been adjusting everyone on the one side. Sometimes with or without the center locker filled.

Mark
Knoxville

Bkrobz
07-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Bkrobz:

Are you using any center locker bag or bow bag with your setup?

I run the 2007 SSV with the 750s on one side, I do not have the portable bag on top.
But have been adjusting everyone on the one side. Sometimes with or without the center locker filled.

Mark
Knoxville

I've had better luck with nothing in the center bag but it does make the pocket longer if I do. It's just not as steep so tougher to stay in with aggressive riding. It makes a big difference having that extra bag on the back as far as getting more push. Even with the 750 I'd get people sitting back on the surfside sundeck (lake patrol doesn't like this though).

However, if you have more people to shuffle around, I'd fill about 400 on my non surf side, and fill center bag as well and it makes the wave huge. You do need about 4 more people sitting on the surfside so the boat has some serious list to get the shape right. I've only done this a couple of times but the wake was fun. I usually only go out with 1 or 2 people so the setup I described above works great for us with center and non surfside bags empty.

Good Luck. It took me a while to figure this out as all other brands I've ridden don't work like this.

pctarmor
08-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Question for those who are putting an extra bag on top of the locker. Are you putting a bag right on top of sun deck?

CornRickey
08-20-2013, 07:21 PM
I use to put mine on top of one another on the floor between the rear and drives seat on the surf side. I don't use them any more with my surf gates installed.

KG's Supra24
08-20-2013, 09:41 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/21/a2a3yneb.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/21/9yma9ehy.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GRAY
08-23-2013, 10:55 AM
I also have the 22 and my best wake is running 1100 pounder in the rear compartmet and fill my front bag 3/4 way which is around 900 pounds. If I dont have folks in the boat with me I will fill two fat bricks and set them in the corner in front of the rear compart on the seat. Each fat brick weighs 150 pounds so 300 in the corner. I set my smart plate at 27 and the wave is tall and long with a good push.

pctarmor
08-24-2013, 06:34 AM
How do you get a 1100 to fit in your rear compartment? I have the prox 750s and they don't even fill all the way.

GRAY
08-24-2013, 10:00 AM
I can't fill it all the way but I probably get about 950 in it. I have the 2012 launch and I have no clue what the ealier model locker size is. We traded in our 06 24 footer and it had a bit more room in each locker. I ordered the 1180 pounder for my center sac and the only way I can fill it full is take out the center cushion of the play pen. The only time I fill the center sack full is when we are wakeboarding.