PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Fuse System/Block

suprasam
11-05-2012, 04:32 PM
One of my projects over the winter is to add a a radio amp, and a cigarette lighter(for phone charging). I think my fuse block I have now is pretty full or close to it. Can I add a new block in addition to the one I have or is it better to add one whole bigger one instead? Is doing any of this a nightmare? I am a total NOVICE when it comes to electrical crap! So I will be looking a ton up on the internet trying to figure out if I have it all correct. Thanks

Wylietunes
11-05-2012, 05:02 PM
You can certainly add another fuse block to the boat. If the current fuse box is fed with sufficient gauge cabling, you can piggy-back off it. If not, you would need to run a new supply for the new fuse box. The cleanest option would be to swap the old for a new fuse box with more fused outputs. The Blue Sea 5026 is a 12-gang ATO/ATC box with ground BUSS. Again, you need to make sure the current fuse box supply is adequate. BEP Marine also makes a nice fuse holder, the ATC6WQC

jet
11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah Its easy. Just run a BIGGER pos+Red to fuse block (from local auto store) and I also ran a ground block too!