PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard rack pros....riddle me this.

Alexoag
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
i just bought a 91 supra comp impulse and was wondering if a rack that is 80" up front and 74" in the rear would work. its a sampson rack for 800 bucks

Jetlink
11-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Rack for what? And what are those dimensions for? I read your post three times and my head still hurts trying to figure it out. Maybe I'm just that dumb tonight... Got any pics of what you're looking at or a link to the manufacturer?

supraaddict
11-10-2012, 12:45 AM
I think he is talking about a tower, but most towers are adjustable for a "Universal" fit. If the tower was off of another boat that was factory, it will probably not fit your boat. I would say that you are missing one dimension, you will need the length from the front mounts to the back mounts, along with the dimensions that you currently have. If you have those three dimensions and if the comp is in your possession, then you should be able to measure yourself and see if it will fit. If you do not have the boat in your possession, I would wait until you do so you can make sure that all your mounting points will be suited for mounting tower "flat and backing plate space under the deck lip to use for installation, as well as make sure that you will like where it will be mounted because everyone's opinion is different when it comes to where a tower is mounted on their boat". Just my .02

tg0824SSVGG
11-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I second what is said here. Have you tried to just call Samson?

http://www.samsonsports.com/

These are good guys - I bet they would be willing to help you get your questions answered -- or if it won't work, tell you what they would sell you that will?