PDA

View Full Version : Cabin with a dock?

gogger
11-11-2012, 08:47 AM
My wife and I have been discussing Vacations for next year and we would like to find a cabin on a lake, that also has a dock, that we can rent. Anyone know of some place like this? I am thinking maybe Tennessee? Just thought I would check to see if anyone had some suggestions. Thanks

Jetlink
11-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Not familiar with any places in Tennessee, is northern Michigan too far or way out of the way for you? I am more familiar with that area. Just to be clear, not talking about the upper peninsula here as that is truly a hike from Ohio.

jasonba1
11-11-2012, 03:33 PM
norris lake would be the place to go

TitanTn
11-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Norris Lake is good, and Lake Cumberland would be another good option.

TitanTn
11-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Great ideas Dan. I love those lakes, but I'm not sure if Fontana has had docks in the water for quite some time. I haven't seen it this year, but with everything else still low, I doubt it's come up. They tend to keep Santeetlah higher. Plus, it's where they filmed Harrison Ford jumping off the dam in The Fugitive.

Jetlink
11-11-2012, 07:42 PM
If the lakes are low, would a house boat rental be better and just tow the pirata behind it? Are there even house boat rentals available?

TitanTn
11-11-2012, 09:33 PM
That's good to hear. I didn't see it this year, but I know the last several years have not been considerate to Fontana lake levels.

And I'm getting a little tired of saying it... but great pics!

gogger
11-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Beautiful pics. Thanks. I will do a little research on these lakes. Michigan isn't too far. I just never think of going north for vacation. Would consider it though. Might ask some friends if they would be interested in sharing a house boat rental that might be fun. Probably would tow it behind the Pirata though. Lol.

gogger
11-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Would be nice if the Vacation could be in conjunction with a Supra Reunion.

csuggs
11-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Gogger - I have a friend that has a 3-bedroom condo on Norris Lake in TN WITH A DOCK. If you are interested, PM me and I will get you the contact info.
Clint

jonyb
11-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Friend of mine owns a nice cabin on KY Lake at Shawnee Bay that comes with a dock and optional pontoon. I'll send you his number if you're interested.

Ptownkid
11-13-2012, 09:08 PM
A Michigan reunion is something i may actually be able to do...