PDA

View Full Version : New boat

myturndad
11-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey everyone, Just sold my (yellow) outback and purchased a(yes another yellow) 05 SSV 22.

I won't pick it up for about a week and a half but I can't wait.

Can anyone tell me how wonderful this boat is going to be. Got it for a really good price with 4 tower speakers.

It was kind of sad selling the outback but at least I can say I am still a part of the Skiers Choice family.

silvtongdvl
11-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the top of the Supra food chain. There are some that say the 21V has a better wake, but I don't think so - I am baised though. Have the 03 model .
Coming from a Outback, you might think that this boat has lots of storage - it doesn't. Really thats the only drawback - well except watch how you drive on turn arounds to pick up fallen riders. Its kinda easy to do.
We love ours - if you surf - excellent wake too.
Feel free to ask any questions !!!!
~S~

Suprafly
11-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Congrats, my 04 Outback is up for sale and I just ordered my 06 21V, it should arrive around the end of February. I imagine it is going to be a looooooong 3 months !!

IndyMatt
11-24-2005, 08:39 PM
I have the 04 SS Direct drive and I love it!! Dosnt do as well in the late afternoon chop as the deeper launch but its a great boat. I think the storage is ok, even with the direct drive and the smaller rear trunk... but then again, I dont have a ballast tank in my ski locker either. I think you will enjoy. Just curious, sounds like you ordered the boat... is skiers choice still producing 05's? Or, are you just delayed by prep time?

Suprafly
11-25-2005, 12:50 AM
They are no longer making 05's, the reason for the long delay on the 06 is that I picked my gel coat scheme and colors along with a number of other options rather than choosing a boat the dealer already had in stock or on order. I have to wait my turn for Skier's Choice to build my particular boat. If I would have waited until December to order, late March to early April would have been the earliest delivery date.

IndyMatt
11-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Just curious did you do this dealer direct (ordering) or have the boat shows started where your at? In Indiana the boat shows dont make it here until mid January to February. The only reason I ask is to inquire about boat show incintives or freebies..

Suprafly
11-26-2005, 11:26 AM
I oredered directly through my dealer. I told them I was going to wait until the boat show so could get the extra incentives, but they told me that since I was a repeat customer they would give me any boat show deals without having to wait for the boat show so I could get my boat sooner. I'm fortunate to have an awesome dealer close to home. Island Marine, Corona California, these guys have gone the extra mile beginning with my Moomba and now my soon to be Supra. Talk to your dealer, December is a slow month in the boat business, maybe thay can give you a similar deal now, without having to wait for the boat show.

gravgames
11-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Congrads on the boat the hardiest part is waiting for it to arrive. I have the 04 gravity games boat and we love it. just need aliitle warmer weather right now

gravgames
11-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Congrads on the boat the hardiest part is waiting for it to arrive. I have the 04 gravity games boat and we love it. just need aliitle warmer weather right now

myturndad
11-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Thank you everyone for your input. It looks like I am going to have to wait another 2 - 3 weeks to get the boat because they had to order the Roswell 4 Tower speakers and amp.

Anyway March is only 3 1/2 months away.