PDA

View Full Version : Dropped the Pirata off at Donny's today.

gogger
11-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Took the day off today to take the Pirata down to Bennett's boat repair. They had three Saltares there that they were working on. Was great to talk to Donny and his brother. You can tell that they both are very good at what they do. Enjoyed talking to them and can't wait to see the results.

Couple of pics of boats they were working on, my boat, and a couple Mastercrafts that must have just left the factory and passed us on the freeway.

gogger
11-15-2012, 10:55 PM
couple more

Jetlink
11-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Huh? That blue one looks familiar? I wonder who owns that one? Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

gogger
11-16-2012, 09:07 AM
She is getting new stringers and floor, a new rudder and wetsanded and buffed. And if he finds anything that I really need done he is going to call. If I can get in some overtime I might have put a tower on while the cap is off. That should have be pretty much broke for a while.

csuggs
11-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Gogger - AWESOME! You are going to Love your boat so much more when Donny gets done with it! Congratulations! Oh, and start making plans now for next year . . . you're going to want to show that baby off as much as you can next summer! You're in Ohio so maybe you can come to our Wake the World event in WV next year! :p

Also, since you mentioned a tower . . . . Titan and I both got our custom towers from MTS in Vonore, TN which is very close to Greenback. Titan's is also a Salt and a really nice design so maybe you would want to get one like his. Also Donny could glass in some tower reinforcing blocks to the underside of your top deck while its apart.

gogger
11-16-2012, 02:26 PM
I forgot to discuss the tower with Donny, but I did with his brother. He said we should at least put in the reinforcements for the tower while the cap was off. Donny had to get to a Dr appointment, we hoped to get there about an hour earlier, but I think the Dodge is needing a carrier bearing for the drive shaft, had a vibration about 70 miles an hour, so had to go either 60 or 80. I chose 60.

They are dealers for Monster towers I believe is what his brother said, was checking them out this morning. Not too bad looking. I will look at the MTS towers also.

Sdc77
11-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Check my Saltare with a Monster MT2 tower if you want to know how it looks ;)

wotan2525
11-16-2012, 04:31 PM
MTS is the OEM division of Monster Tower.

They make the factory towers for a LOT of different manufacturers.

EDIT -- I'm totally wrong. I was confusing MTS w/ XTP. XTP is the OEM for many manufacturers. I've not heard of MTS.

Sdc77
11-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Maybe gogger talks about the MTK reverse model ?

TitanTn
11-16-2012, 09:27 PM
AHH!! I wish I knew you were going to today, I'd had you take a few pics of mine while it's there. It was the white/red Saltare with the tower. I'm wondering if Donny has started on it yet, but since he still has a couple weeks on his estimated timeframe and I'm not wanting to harass him.

TitanTn
11-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Titan's is also a Salt and a really nice design so maybe you would want to get one like his.

Thanks Clint.

Titan and I both got our custom towers from MTS in Vonore, TN which is very close to Greenback.

I would highly recommend MTS for the quality of tower and the option for custom designing whatever you want. Although I would even more highly recommend that you have Donny install the tower and NOT MTS. As much as I'm thrilled with the design and quality of my tower, I was beyond frustrated with the installation. I've fixed their sloppiness, but I shouldn't have needed to.

gogger
11-16-2012, 10:01 PM
AHH!! I wish I knew you were going to today, I'd had you take a few pics of mine while it's there. It was the white/red Saltare with the tower. I'm wondering if Donny has started on it yet, but since he still has a couple weeks on his estimated timeframe and I'm not wanting to harass him.

Titan,
Yours was in the shop, and his brother was working on it while we were there. I wanted to take a couple pics for the forum, but didn't want to seem weird. I should have paid attention to the fact that your boat was there, and would have made a point to take some pics. Jess was with me and took a closer look at what they were doing to your boat and asked me when we got back outside if I noticed how nice the shine was on what they had done. He looked at some places they hadn't done yet and was impressed.

gogger
11-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Also thought it was interesting that there were 3 Saltares there getting worked on, yet Donny said mine was only the third Pirata he has ever done.

TitanTn
11-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Oh man, now you've got me excited! I'm anxious to see how it's going to turn out. It's like a kid waiting for Christmas to get here. Well, maybe Donny will be working on yours by the time I go get my boat, and I can give you an update too. Thanks for the good news!

gogger
11-16-2012, 10:24 PM
It is pretty exciting to see some shiny old supras. Mine is so dull, it really needs the work. I told him I am not in a big hurry. I am hoping my income tax return will help pay for the work.