PDA

View Full Version : Features you would like to see on a boat

12-27-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm just throwing this topic out to create some traffic on this board. Presently you need to calibrate speedometers with a GPS or timing equipment. Why not make a speedometer out of a GPS? I'm surprised no manufacturer has done that.

Legace
12-27-2005, 04:50 PM
If first you don't succeed try again....I'm just throwing this out for the sake of some traffic on this board. Presently you need to calibrate your speedometers through timing or GPS. Why not have one speedo through traditional pick up and the other GPS? I'm surprised no manufacturers have done this. Please chime in SC folks.

DKJBama92Mariah
12-29-2005, 04:14 AM
Sounds like a good idea. My speedos always keep getting clogged. One GPS speedo would be enough. Teleflex make them. The only question is: will customers pay the extra price on the boat to cover the cost putting that speedo in?

DKJ

IndyMatt
12-29-2005, 10:50 AM
I like the Idea. Im not sure what the cost is but could it be more expensive than perfect pass that seems to hold speeds only about half the time? I am happy with my speedos, I have the through hull paddlewheel so I dont have to worry about clogging. The one thing that doesnt make much sense is that (since I dont have perfect pass in my supra) I have the double speedos and they both run off the same pickup. I think that defeats the whole point of double speedos. I dont know how accurate Ive set them, I ve used the 3000/3600 rpm = 30/36 mph. Since hull variations in different boats guage the speed you prefer, I m not sure if im accurate to speed or accurate to individual ski preferance.

supra21v
12-30-2005, 10:31 PM
how about swivel captains chair?

how about a speaker near the captains seat? the driver kind of gets the shaft in terms of being near the music

how about a DVD for new owners that walks them through all the particulars of Supra ownership. Not a fluffy, gloss over the specifics DVD but something with some meat. These boats are more expensive than most cars and significantly more complex. Yes, the dealer typically does a walk thru but new boat owners are typically so excited about getting their boat a lot of this info doesn't stick. Also, the user manual covers alot of these topics but not in the detail that it should. It will tell you what something does and how to work it but not when you should use it or what to expect.

- launching the boat
- trailering the boat
- using the boat buddy
- using perfect pass
- collapsing the tower
- cleaning/maintaing the boat - recommended materials, etc.
- winterization and tune-up recommendations
- using the hydraulic wake plate and refilling the hydraulic fluid
- using the ballast system, recommended maintenance/cleaning
- checking tranny and oil
- lighting system
- removing the swim platform
- run thru of boating check list

Jon
12-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Supra21V,

Excellent idea with the DVD. I may make one myself for boat buyers at my shop. That would be great if Supra would do something though.

IndyMatt
01-02-2006, 05:51 PM
That is an excellent idea... I just guess I took my dealer for granted. My dealer spent a good amount of time with me on pick-up day, taking the boat out, launching and going through features on the boat. I had a few advantages with trailering as this was not my first boat. This really should be a no brainer for any dealers reading this post!!

myturndad
01-04-2006, 09:52 AM
I have to agree with Supra21V. I really think a dvd would be great to new buyers. Most the time people are so excited to get the boat that they just want to get out of the dealership.

Jon I am sure you will do it. You seem to be a great dealer.

01-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Great idea with the DVD. Here is a link to a test on a ski specific GPS speedometer.
http://www.screamandfly.com/home/evaluations/livorsi_gps/1.htm

Jillyjam
01-05-2006, 07:49 PM
How about an ipod video or audio download? I could sit in my bikini at the helm, plug in my nano ipod and learn form the Supra boyz how to set up, care for and drive this baby wide open.

silvtongdvl
01-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Jon - I will work the camera or be "narrator"

How about getting the girls in their Bikini's to instruct - we could have some fun with this.

Lets do it !!!
~S~