PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

myturndad
12-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Okay, Here is my stupid moment. I was sitting in my new 05 SSV drinking a beer and looking around the new boat. I was looking behind the observer seat and there was a red button behind the battery box. Well I pushed the red button and now all my power to the boat is dead.

I have tried to call the dealer and skiers choice and of course they are all closed for the holiday. Can someone tell me how to get the power back up.

Thanks....

Jon
12-29-2005, 12:04 PM
That red button released a switch-blade like level from that breaker. Look in with a flashlight and you will see what I am talking about. Just push the switch-blade level back in and you're all set.

Jon
DLWS

Jon
12-29-2005, 12:04 PM
I mean lever, not level, haha.

myturndad
12-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Jon, thanks for the info.

I looked under search on the Moomba website and saw something similar to what you are saying. I looked briefly yesterday and did not see the lever that you are referring to but I also did not have a flash light.

Hope business is going well. Good to see a dealer helping us out.

Jon
12-29-2005, 12:44 PM
No problem. Yeah, just look there close to that red button. If anything, feel around on breaker and you will feel the moving part. Just push it in. Maybe somebody at the factory will see this post. I want a job!!!! haha.

myturndad
12-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Jon, Just ran home at lunch and found the lever.

Thank u very much for your help. Power is on.....

Ed G
12-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Doug, I was told by my dealer to always hit that red reset button when not using the boat so the battery won't drain.

Not sure what would cause the drain, but I always do what I'm told.

e

IndyMatt
01-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Pushing the button or opening the breaker acts as an isolator for the battery. Anytime your battery is inline with the system there is a minimal draw... even if its only enough to complete the ground. Obviously this draw increases when the boat is in the water as to the nature of current reacting with conductive fluid environment. I dont know if I would advise opening the breaker as part of your end of day routine while the boat is in the water. Obviously the battery would be isolated, but with the metal contact ejected from the breaker, its exposed to the condensation or humidity related moisture and its effects. Also, if you cant seem to get the breaker to reset by the battery, check the breaker on the motor, just behind the throttle body.