PDA

View Full Version : '05 22ssv Alarm

Professor
01-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Hello! Last year I got my boat broken into twice and the last time quite a bit of damage was done. Since then I have bought a new boat ('05 22ssv) and am planning on putting an alarm on it. I have been looking at canvassnapalarm.com and really like their product. My only concern are the cover/boat snaps that when disconnected sound the alarm. How do I get to the back of the snaps to run the wire and tighten the nut down? Do I have to remove a panel or what? If anyone has pics or has done this process any information would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind taking things apart, I just don't want to break anything before my boat touches the water.

Thanks,
Andy

IndyMatt
01-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Andy,

Depending where you want to put the "trigger" snap, there are a few places you can access the underside of the outer hull for wiring. As I remember the snap reciever has a two wire lead that comes from the bottom of the threaded cylinder, so it may be benificial to attact an extension piece of wiring to the pigtails prior to installing. In the bow, you can remove the seat cushions and snake your arm up behind the back-rests. If this seems too difficult... you can also feel out the bolts holding the upright seat cushion and remove those... the cushion pulls right out. In midships you can reach under the passenger storage or drivers controll console. You could also access in your storage compartments on either side of the motor in the V-Drive. If all else fails you could also remove one of the speakers and reach in and up through the hole. In fact.. depending how ambitious you are.. if you remove the two speakers you can access the nuts that hold the side panel of the interior of the boat. That will give you unlimited access. Just make sure if you install starboard you dont foul shift and trim cables. I hope this gives you some ideas on where to start.