PDA

View Full Version : How long till hitting the water

myturndad
01-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Guys, When does everyone get out on the water in the spring. I have been out twice putting break in hours on the new boat. We usually start here in Oklahoma in late March, early April.

by the way we Supra owners need to get this forum site up and going a little more. Our fellow step brother, Moomba have new threads all the time.

db, t-town

IndyMatt
01-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Allright... Your a Supra owner now.... Act like it!! Let the Moomba thing go!! You shouldnt be spending time on the post... instead you should be in the garage, sitting in the drivers seat, pretending your pulling a skier!! Maybe even pushing buttons that you havnt read about in the owners manual! (Just kidding) Im in northern Indiana & I usually wait till 1st week of may before getting wet... Just shake out the chances of refreeze. Im jealous that you are still getting time in... Must be nice to be in the south!! As for why im not currently sitting in my boat, drinking a beer... spreading 30 degree sun lotion all over myself (just for the coconut smell)... well its stored about 120 miles from here :( Everyone else... Enjoy!!

myturndad
01-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Matt, Oklahoma is way out of wack on weather this year. If we don't get some rain there will be very little boating this year. Most of our lakes are down from 5-18 feet below normal.

I did meet a guy when we took the boat out a few weeks ago that had a 24 SSV. He came up and said hi when we were resting having a beer.

doug, t-town

msutoad
01-20-2006, 11:22 AM
How long till hitting water????? I have not stopped. I have been out atleast once a month since November in NC. Water was about 47 degrees, but with a dry suit and the heater on the boat (22 SSV), we are all set. We plan to start going weekly the 2nd week in Feb.

Jason

IndyMatt
01-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Jason,
Where at in NC? I Have a brother who lives in Charolette & He spends most of his time on Lake Wiley (I think thats how you spell it). Is that close to where your at? He has the closed loop cooling on his Chapparel & beyond that I dont think he does much in terms of winter lay up... Im sure he has been out there from time to time.

Dinoz
01-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Here in Ontario Canada we have a good 4 months to go until the boat gets wet again. The first long weekend of May is towards the end of the month, water usually sitting at 55 - 60 degrees. Definately skiable. Looking forward to a few pints on the boat.

vintner
01-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Dinoz, where are you? I spend a lot of time near Minden and have done the chilly Victoria Day dip a number of times.

Dinoz
01-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Vinter,

I live in Waterloo, our cottage is in Muskoka-Haliburton, near Dorset. Ice on the lake isn't too thick this year, might be an early season!

RadDad
02-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Add a hot water shower in the stern and go for it! You can have one installed at your dealer for about $200 and it's worth every penny. I wear a full suit, fill it with warm water and jump in, then warm up again on the swim deck. It's great!

IndyMatt
02-09-2006, 07:39 PM
$200 ???? If all you want is hot water for wet suit or wash down just attach a three way ball valve in line to your heater return or bypass (if you dont have a heater installed). Attach a length of 1" rubber (even garden type) hose with your choice of spray nozzle~ about $20 worth of supplies from the plumbing section of Home Depot.