PDA

View Full Version : ts6m tower

John D
01-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Hi all!
It's been a while, but i have not had any problems with my 84 comp. My wife has become a wakeboarder. It's either divorse or a tower. I have seen threads about people installing towers on older comps. Do I need to build up the fiberglass on either the front or rear mounting locations? Did you use big backing plates? Regarding the rear mounting location, do you mount to the 2" wide flat, or the 4" wide angled piece just above the rub rail. Any advise and/or pictures would be appreciated.
john

myturndad
01-21-2006, 06:10 PM
brandon, that tower looks awesome.

if interested in selling i have a cousin in the market

brandonbb
01-22-2006, 05:09 PM
hey fellas glad you like the tower i get comments all the time i guess they are surprised to see such an old boat with the tower and all the speakers. well about the mounting nothing special the backing where it bolts through is 3/4 inch plywood then glassed over. the tower is super strong and i love it it has made the boat totally different people can actually sit on the back seat while you wakeboard and the old 351 only has 380 hours on it so it still pulls like hell i will try to get somemore photos of the mounts if you guys need to check it out, by the way down here in san antonio we are still out there on the water and for the gentleman that asked about me selling it, i would rate this boat a 9 out of 10 on overall condition and i have about 10k invested so??????????????

John D
01-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Brandonbb
Thanks for the reply regarding your tower. I would love to see more detailed pics if you have them. By the way, you had posted a question about a mysterious leak. I hope you found it. One thing that I did not see anyone suggest is the exhaust tips. In the 84 and 85 comp there are supertrapps mounted to the transom were the exhaust goes through the hull. In the early years they are simply sealed with silicone. They leaked on my boat and a friends 85 comp. I have also seen them leak on another friends ski supreme (1979). If you have not resealed them yet, please do. It only takes an hour to remove, clean and re-seal, and it might solve your problem. One easy way to check is to check the temperature of the leaking water. If it is hot, it is leaking around the exhaust.
john

Medina Lake Ts6m
08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
San antonio? no kidding what lake do ou usually take it out on?